Are my prerequisites too old?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPH 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the DPT in Virginia and I majored in microbiology and biology as an undergrad. I graduated in 2005 but I took the DPT bio and chem prereqs in 2000-2001. Do I have to retake them? One college I am applying to says they have to be completed within the last eight years...any experiences or thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on each school. I would contact those you are interested in and confirm with them. Because of your major, some of your upper level bio and chem classes may be acceptable replacements.

I am applying for the DPT in Virginia and I majored in microbiology and biology as an undergrad. I graduated in 2005 but I took the DPT bio and chem prereqs in 2000-2001. Do I have to retake them? One college I am applying to says they have to be completed within the last eight years...any experiences or thoughts?

yeah a lot of schools I talked to including the one I am attending said 5 years!!..definetely call!..it honestly might be better for your own benifit if you ask me!..i would be dying in anatomy if i hadnt just taken it!..i couldnt imagin being 5 years out!