Arch Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perfect Hair Day

Grapes of Wrath, Chocolate Ice Cream, Johnny Cash.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for great arch support in a sneaker or a shoe that is NOT a Dansko (repulsive).

Anyone have any recommendations? Nike Shox look like they might be good for long/busy days in the ED...

Members don't see this ad.

Saucony Omni 12's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to a reputable shoe store will serve you way better than this forum. I mean, this isn't medical advice so we allow, but without knowing your foot shape, your heelstrike, etc, all it will be is a bunch of guesses.
Besides, cowboy boots are where it's at.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going to a reputable shoe store will serve you way better than this forum. I mean, this isn't medical advice so we allow, but without knowing your foot shape, your heelstrike, etc, all it will be is a bunch of guesses.
Besides, cowboy boots are where it's at.
You are such a redneck. ;)

(This coming from the guy with boots handmade in Wyoming from hippo leather.)

Reactions: 1 user
My shoe of choice for the ED has been rockports - not much in the way of arch support but I'll be damned if i find something more comfortable

Merrill mocs here. This has been discussed at length with tons of opinions...
I can't stand Danskos. Tried 'em, tried to like them, gave up and donated them to Goodwill after a several month trial.

Saucony is my go-to running shoe, but mine will never grace the pit of the ED.

I inherited poor arches from mi padre. I had custom orthotics made (at the time they were free with insurance). They worked great. Later when they were going to cost $300 I went and found a comparable super feet insert and they work just as well. I now have them in just about every shoe I own.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm on my second pair of Dansko's in 6 years and absolutely love them. It definitely took getting used to but my plantar fasciitis completely resolved

I wear Salomon XA Pros in the ED. They are trail running shoes I believe. Comfy as hell.

A lot of people I've talked to have recommended buying whichever sneaker looks cool as heck, and buying a pair of super feet inserts.

Tangentially related note:

I bought two CopperFit sleeves for my knees, and now I want a pair for every shift. Game changers.

Tangentially related note:

I bought two CopperFit sleeves for my knees, and now I want a pair for every shift. Game changers.

Are those for bad knees?