Approaching the "what sets you apart" question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chalkduster

Reaction score
On the UMB application, there is a short answer question that asks what sets you apart from other applicants. You are supposed to answer this in 500 characters or fewer.

If you had to answer this question, how would you approach it? Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

On the UMB application, there is a short answer question that asks what sets you apart from other applicants. You are supposed to answer this in 500 characters or fewer.

If you had to answer this question, how would you approach it? Thanks for any insight!

500 characters or fewer? What is that, a very short paragraph? That's tough. You could take a gamble and just enter "This." And leave that as the entire answer. I doubt that any other applicants would do that.

Probably not the best idea though

Reactions: 1 user
Hahah! Yeah I was thinking about it all last night. Definitely overthought it. Woke up this morning and wrote three short sentences about an uncommon extracurricular I did in college and moved on :)