Applying Without Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-Medguy1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, need some advice here.

I'm taking STEP1 super late and won't be able to take STEP 2 till early October. My COMLEX 1 was 510 so okay, but not great.

Am I screwed for residency applications if I don't take STEP2/COMLEX2 by the time ERAS applications open?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking STEP1 super late and won't be able to take STEP 2 till early October. My COMLEX 1 was 510 so okay, but not great.

Am I screwed for residency applications if I don't take STEP2/COMLEX2 by the time ERAS applications open?
I took step2 Oct 31 and I got interview invites before and after result was in. I applied mostly to low tier university programs as a MD since step1 score was below average for IM. I think you will be ok it.

It will put you at a disadvantage, but what are you gonna do…apply and hopefully you get enough invites…if not, at least you will be fully prepared for next year.