Applying with 3 year old MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted927298

I took the MCAT in my Junior year (July 2016), and am applying for MDPhD programs this cycle (June 2019). Is my MCAT too old for MDPhD schools? I know some schools won't take MCAT over 3 years old...... IS that the same issue for MDPhD applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

MD/PhD applicants are subject to the same requirements as MD applicants, so yes.

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked AMCAS, and it looks like all MDPhD programs take MCAT scores up to 3 years. Has anyone here had issues about applying to MDPhD programs with a 3 year old MCAT in the past?

I believe there's only 2 MD schools that specifically take MCAT scores up to 2 years from date of application, not 3?

There are some schools that will take a 4-5 year old MCAT, and rarely some that will waive it for an applicant with an old score. The questions will be around why you didn't apply during that span of time. Pursuing research is ok... earning a PhD is very good explanation. I personally waived that for an outstanding applicant. Email program directors in April and include a one-page resume.