Applying to Pharmacy School with a BA in Speech Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wavw1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I recently graduated with my BA in Speech, Language and Hearing Science. I am currently working as an Audiology Technician but I am doing my research and figuring out that maybe Audiology isn't for me. I have always had an interest in Pharmacy but I am not sure where to start with the application process.

I have a 3.33 cumulative and in my major.

Any advice will help!

Members don't see this ad.

Get a list of prerequisites and see what you need to take

Reactions: 1 user
I would get a job in a pharmacy to see if it is for you. That way, you don't end up taking out another $200k+ in loans only to find out that the profession is not for you for the second time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
What about getting a masters and becoming an SLP. Use the degree you already paid for, way less schooling, lower cost to attend school, still have a pretty good salary. I know one who makes around 80k per year doing home health visits.

What about getting a masters and becoming an SLP. Use the degree you already paid for, way less schooling, lower cost to attend school, still have a pretty good salary. I know one who makes around 80k per year doing home health visits.
I am applying to SLP but I am just thinking down the line if SLP doesn't work out. I have other interests in other areas so I wanted to know if it was possible.

I am applying to SLP but I am just thinking down the line if SLP doesn't work out. I have other interests in other areas so I wanted to know if it was possible.
Possible but I wouldn't recommend going back and taking prerequisite courses at this point. I don't think its worth it financially.