Applying to DPT programs late (January)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4Quietstorm

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

In November I applied to five PT schools, so far I've been accepted into one PT school but it is pretty far away from me. I applied there because it seemed like I had the best chance of getting into that school out of all other schools I applied to. I feel like I may have underestimated my application and myself by not applying to schools closer to home that had the same admissions criteria as the one that I've gotten accepted into. Some of these schools are still accepting application until March, I've just applied to them this past week.

With it being so late in the process will my application get a solid look or did I waste money by applying to them so late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

If their deadline on PTCAS isn’t until March you should be good. I submitted to some schools right on the deadline and some right before the deadline and I got a couple acceptances. Either way you got in to a school so it’s worth a shot! Congrats