Applying this cycle and want my spring semester grades to count

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovepita

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying this cycle and I want my spring semester grades to count. Apps open in May. I will have my grades by mid-May. Should I wait to send it everything and send it as academic update in mid-May or should I send it all on first day apps are available early May.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately there is no academic update period in May if youre applying 2017-2018 cycle, youd have to wait till september. Which from experience isnt fun.

Also schools wont really see your app till like June, so wait for your spring grades to come in before submitting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately there is no academic update period in May if youre applying 2017-2018 cycle, youd have to wait till september. Which from experience isnt fun.

Also schools wont really see your app till like June, so wait for your spring grades to come in before submitting.

Mid-May will still put you way ahead of the game. You'll get verified in like a few days, and your stuff won't even be released to schools until first week of June. So just wait until your class is over then apply!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply with the best possible app. The DO cycle is longer, so you don't have to submit on Day 1
I am applying this cycle and I want my spring semester grades to count. Apps open in May. I will have my grades by mid-May. Should I wait to send it everything and send it as academic update in mid-May or should I send it all on first day apps are available early May.

What is the hypothetical reason why people say to "make sure and apply June 1st" then? Is there there any advantages?

Reactions: 1 user
What is the hypothetical reason why people say to "make sure and apply June 1st" then? Is there there any advantages?

This saying definitely applies for MD schools, however with DO schools its not a strict hard and fast rule. Just kind of a general good idea if youre a borderline applicant, but being verified anytime from june 1st till august 1st will give you about the same chances for most schools.

Since its the holiday season ill make this analogy. For DO schools itd be like me telling you if youre going to the mall to go right when it opens to avoid the rush, however if youre at Macy's at 6:30am instead of 6am your experience will hardly change at all.
MD schools would be like black friday flash sale starting at 6am and ending at noon, people are lined up around the parking lot at 6am, and if you come at 8am everything is already gone and all thats left is the scraps

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for your help! Would it be a good idea to get all of my transcripts verified now, since that transfers to 2018 cycle?

Thank you for your help! Would it be a good idea to get all of my transcripts verified now, since that transfers to 2018 cycle?

No absolutely not that makes zero sense.

This saying definitely applies for MD schools, however with DO schools its not a strict hard and fast rule. Just kind of a general good idea if youre a borderline applicant, but being verified anytime from june 1st till august 1st will give you about the same chances for most schools.

thanks xx

Since its the holiday season ill make this analogy. For DO schools itd be like me telling you if youre going to the mall to go right when it opens to avoid the rush, however if youre at Macy's at 6:30am instead of 6am your experience will hardly change at all.
MD schools would be like black friday flash sale starting at 6am and ending at noon, people are lined up around the parking lot at 6am, and if you come at 8am everything is already gone and all thats left is the scraps

Thank you for your help! Would it be a good idea to get a prescription for Xanax?

I modified your post to be a little more accurate ;)

In all seriousness though, you'd be much better off just working on your app throughout May and making sure it's ready to submit some time in June or so.

I modified your post to be a little more accurate ;)

In all seriousness though, you'd be much better off just working on your app throughout May and making sure it's ready to submit some time in June or so.

lol sorry ive been stressing. im taking two summer classes to grade replace. will send out my app around aug 10th or so.