Applying late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brightereyez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In regards to rolling admissions...realiastically when is it late to apply; is late december considered very late? I'm just super worried that applying then would result in being waitlisted, etc...granted i even get an interview...appreciate your feedbacks.

Members don't see this ad.

For rolling admissions, it would definitely be better if you could apply earlier than Dec because there will be fewer remaining open slots available for the entering class. Dr. Munroe, the admissions director that I spoke to at the SCCO admissions workshop definitely stressed the importance of applying earlier to avoid being wait listed. Determine what is the absolute minimum requirements you need, so that you will be able to get an interview at the schools you want to get in. What actual pre-requisites (classes, LORs, OAT) are you still missing to complete your applications?

Basically all of the above! the earliest i could apply is early december

Members don't see this ad :)
Basically all of the above! the earliest i could apply is early december

Just so you don't freak out... last year I didn't apply to ICO or SCCO until late January and I was accepted to both.

Just so you don't freak out... last year I didn't apply to ICO or SCCO until late January and I was accepted to both.

Wow, what was your OAT score and GPA. You must have an awesome profile.

My problem is that I have a low GPA (3.17) but did not take my OAT yet. I am planning to take it either in late October or late November, I rather pick late November to have more time preparing (This is my last semester with 6 classes). I did not apply yet.
My questions are:
Should I take it in late Oct. or late Nov?
Should I wait for submitting my application until I take the OAT.
Or is there any better suggestions

Please help me out especially those who got in the school already.
Thanks in advance!!!
Also thank you pienfoo for your earlier advice.