Applying late to DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EGITMS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Many people on sdn say that applying to DO schools any time before Thanksgiving is fine.

I am an ORM with 3.5 gpa (both cgpa and sgpa) and 503 MCAT (123 on cars).
I submitted half of my secondaries in mid-September and the other half in mid-October.
And I was wondering if mid-October is not late.

I'm a bit worried because it seems like lots of people already got into DO schools and classes fill up fast.

@Goro
Any advice or thought would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,
Many people on sdn say that applying to DO schools any time before Thanksgiving is fine.

I am an ORM with 3.5 gpa (both cgpa and sgpa) and 503 MCAT (123 on cars).
I submitted half of my secondaries in mid-September and the other half in mid-October.
And I was wondering if mid-October is not late for a low stat applicant like myself.

I'm a bit worried because it seems like lots of people already got into DO schools and classes fill up fast.

@Goro
Any advice or thought would be appreciated.
Not late. Your stats aren't that bad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools did you apply to ? Where is your state of residence ?
Hello @Faha
Thank you for your reply.

I am a NJ resident and a non-traditional applicant.
I applied to RowanSOM in mid-August but I have not heard anything from them yet which worries me.

So I applied to most DO schools in September and October except LUCOM, UNECOM, Noorda, Oklahoma and those in Texas.

Hello @Faha
Thank you for your reply.

I am a NJ resident and a non-traditional applicant.
I applied to RowanSOM in mid-August but I have not heard anything from them yet which worries me.

So I applied to most DO schools in September and October except LUCOM, UNECOM, Noorda, Oklahoma and those in Texas.
You should receive several interviews with your stats.

Reactions: 1 user
Can people with 3.5 GPA's please stop labeling yourself as "low stat" please. ...especially when you are saying you are applying to DO programs.

I've noticed it's a thing on this website for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users