Navy Applying for dental residency timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freckles123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a second year HPSP dental student. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the process of applying to Navy residencies during dental school. Is the timeline the same as non-civilian residency programs (applying/interviewing in fall semester and getting accepted spring semester of senior year)? When would you find out if you got accepted to a Navy residency if you were good enough candidates to be selected straight out of dental school? Also when do we find out how many spots are available for each residency program? Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Your application is due May 1 a year before you want to enter training. So this is during your Junior year of dental school if you are still in school and want to start immediately after. It goes before what is called the DUINS board. PM me if you need contact info for the administrative person responsible for this process. What area are you interested in if you don't mind me asking?