Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsmith55uf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am currently an active duty Army Officer deployed to Iraq. When I return to the States, I am planning to pursue my lifelong dream on becoming an MD. Here are my Stats: BS degree from University of Florida in Human Nutrition , 2.67 GPA (I worked 2 jobs, and did ROTC, and had didn't take school as seriosly as I should). I took physics 1 &2 at a CC and got a 4.0. I took Anatomy at BYU and got an A, and retook Organic Chem at Oregon State and received an A. I am looking at American University of the Caribbean where my uncle is an alum. Hopefully can get some influence from him. I am studying for the MCATs here in Iraq and plan to take them as soon as I return stateside. I have volunteered in my free time in our Batallion aid station here in Iraq, and am combat lifesaver qualified. I also have volunteer time both at the VA Hospital in college, as well as time at my uncle's clinic in FL. I don't think I have a lot of chances of getting into a US school, so I am very interested in AUC. I am also planning to take more college courses when I get back to Ft. Bragg. My question, is what can I do to really help my application, and what is the best way to study for the MCAT since i havent had a lot of that stuff in a few years. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.