Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePT!

Reaction score
Hi, so if i submit an application to one school on PTCAS, will i be able to make changes for other schools that I haven't applied to yet. For example if I applied to a school this week, but wanted to re order my transcripts to apply to a different school, can I do that? Or add new experiences change my essay things like that. I just want to make sure I will be able to edit my other applications before submitting only one of them.

Members don't see this ad.

After you finish and submit your PTCAS application while applying to physical therapy schools, most of it is locked in, including your personal statements. However, there are a few things you can edit or add after the fact on your way to becoming a physical therapist. Here’s a list of things you can change, straight from PTCAS:

1. Add new programs to apply to if their deadlines have not passed, and edit program materials for these PT schools.

2. Edit your contact information and PTCAS profile information (username, password, etc.).

3. Add new references/letters of recommendation (if you have not yet requested the maximum number of references) and edit or delete incomplete references.

4. Add new entries to certain areas of the Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials sections (e.g., GRE and other test scores, optional documents, etc.). You are unable to edit or delete existing entries after hitting submit.

— For observation hours, once you submit your application, you cannot edit or remove observation hours; however, you can add new ones. This is also true for experiences, achievements, licenses and certifications.

5. Add optional documents to programs that you already submitted to (all other sections will be locked).

6. Add coursework for outstanding classes during the academic update.

In summary, you can submit your application before your transcripts, references, and/or official test scores have been received by PTCAS and while you are still taking classes and completing observation hours. You can also add PT programs after submitting if their deadlines haven’t passed. Note, however, that PTCAS states, “… we will not review your application until all of your transcripts, payments, and references are received.”