Application timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grim317

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me a timeline for the application process? Like when I should take OAT, when should I submit the application, etc?

Thanks,
grim

Members don't see this ad.

You should submit your application ASAP. They will usually review you file and hold off on interviews until your OAT scores come in. Just make sure your scores are going to that school. Some schools will even interview you without your OAT scores. But, they will hold an acceptance until they see them.

Timeline: send in application as soon as they start taking them. Take the OAT this October when it's offered.

Good luck. let me know if you have any other questions.

If I finish my BS in the spring of 2005, should I take the OAT in the October of 2004 and submit my application the summer of 2004?

Are there any schools that would require or prefer me to take the OAT the Feb of 2004?

Members don't see this ad :)
none of them PREFER that you take it Feb. 2004.. but if you want more than one shot at it you should take it Feb. 2004. October 2004 is the LATEST you can take it to apply (for most schools). Some will take the Feb 2005 OAT, but that's pushing it for schools with rolling admissions. (and you should have taken it at least once by then)

But, definitely send in your app summer 2004.

Be aware that some schools have already started accepting applications, like SUNY. ICO starts accepting them August 1st at midnight.

Good luck:)