Application Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just filled out essentially everything I needed on the application through AACPMAS! However, is this similar to the AMCAS website in that I should submit my application during the time my transcripts are being processed or should I wait until the website receives them? Is this the same for letters of recommendation?

Edit: I primarily want to go to DMU; I need a evaluation letter from a podiatrist who has already agreed to write me one. The same goes for this situation, should I request then submit or wait until it is written and uploaded, then submit. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I submitted everything rather fast so that aacpmas can begin the verification process; after it was all verified, I added more schools.
You can also submit the app without LOR for now, can always send those using interfolio later on.

Reactions: 1 user
Follow up question, is there anything like a committee letter for pod schools? I already requested one for my med school apps so I was wondering if any such thing was required for this app as well. Otherwise, is it just asking a podiatrist for their letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Follow up question, is there anything like a committee letter for pod schools? I already requested one for my med school apps so I was wondering if any such thing was required for this app as well. Otherwise, is it just asking a podiatrist for their letter?

If you can get a committee letter then yeah get it....otherwise its usually 2-3 letters from sci profs AND 1 letter from a DPM who you have shadowed!

Last edited:
If you can get a committee letter then yeah get it....otherwise its usually 2-3 letters from sci profs AND 1 letter from a DPM who you have shadowed!

I was only wondering because I was filling out the application and I did not see a check box for committee letter versus the application for aacomas where there was an option.

I was only wondering because I was filling out the application and I did not see a check box for committee letter versus the application for aacomas where there was an option.

That's true but if you visit the individual college admissions page you should see that they accept either a committee letter or individual letters.
good luck

alright, I'll just create a request for my pre-health office and hopefully they get the idea. Thank you again!

Reactions: 1 user
Committee typically write a generic letter for medical schools that can be used for MD, DO or DPM. Schools will know the difference between a committee's vs a professor's because of the writer's credentials at the bottom.

Committee typically write a generic letter for medical schools that can be used for MD, DO or DPM. Schools will know the difference between a committee's vs a professor's because of the writer's credentials at the bottom.

I know that, I just meant that aacomas had a little check box under the evaluations tab for classifying a letter request as a committee letter or an individual request. aacpms does not have that option, hence why I asked the question. But thank you.