This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmtastic01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a quick question about pharmacy school applications. These are my stats:

PCAT: 96 composite (98 in Biology, 96 in Reading, 88 in Quant, and 86 in Chemistry with a 3 in Writing).
GPA: 4.0
Work Experience: I have been working for Walgreens as a certified technician since May 2016 and I have around 400 hours accumulated so far.
Volunteer experience: ~30 hours

I'm currently an officer for my university's Pre-Pharmacy Association. I am worried about my personal essay. Although I think it is weak, I don't think it is necessarily bad in any way. I am guaranteed an interview with the school I would really like to get into. Do you think the essay will have a big impact on their decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are way better than mine and I got accepted into a school. If you are worried about it being weak, bring it to your pharmacist or a professor to proofread it for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have a quick question about pharmacy school applications. These are my stats:

PCAT: 96 composite (98 in Biology, 96 in Reading, 88 in Quant, and 86 in Chemistry with a 3 in Writing).
GPA: 4.0
Work Experience: I have been working for Walgreens as a certified technician since May 2016 and I have around 400 hours accumulated so far.
Volunteer experience: ~30 hours

I'm currently an officer for my university's Pre-Pharmacy Association. I am worried about my personal essay. Although I think it is weak, I don't think it is necessarily bad in any way. I am guaranteed an interview with the school I would really like to get into. Do you think the essay will have a big impact on their decision?

All schools are hurting BADLY for applicants because people are realizing that having a pharmacy degree is becoming more worthless. You will get into every school you apply to. I heard some schools are even lowering the bar enough to allow non-violent felons and people with 2.2 gpas in so they can reach their enrollment quota.

The real question isn't if you will get a pharmD degree. It's will you be able to get a fulltime job in 2020. And the answer to that is no.