Application Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CgaPharm2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I filled out a couple of my applications, I happened to write the wrong apartment number on my temporary address - which I indicated as my preferred address. I had been away from my university apartment for 2 months and I can't believe how I quickly forgot my apartment number. I didn't realize the mistake I made until I came back to my apartment today and saw the apartment number on my door (I thought I live in room 101 instead of 102 :confused:)

So now, I'm planning on emailing these 2 programs to give them the correct address. But I don't know how this stupid mistake will affect my chances of getting an interview. And should I give them a reason on why I am making a minor correction with my address?

Members don't see this ad.

Just say it was a typo or something. I'm pretty sure accidentally putting a wrong address won't mess up your chances at an interview. That would be ridiculous

Agreed, it's not that big of a deal. Most programs won't need your address anyway until the Match comes around. Emailing them with just an update in current address would be fine. You could even wait and include this in your reply to interview requests. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. So do programs notify you regarding an interview via email or phone call? I guess that was one of my concerns, that they may send something (like an interview offer?) to the wrong address via mail.

Predominately email. I think I had one program leave a voicemail for an interview request, but it was followed up by email with available dates. I have never heard of a program snail mailing an interview request (other residents, correct me if I'm wrong?). Frankly, I don't think program directors have that kind of time and typically need to have interviews locked in right away.

That's not terrible...after they consider you and ask for interview, then you can email them that you goofed up...or make up a creative excuse, like you moved to the apartment next door!

While we're talking about mistakes, I lacked reading comprehension, and didn't realize that due dates meant received by, not postmarked...which means I had to send my transcript same-day delivery. A very costly mistake, don't screw up like I did.