Application: letter, transcripts, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutiepie83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First and foremost, I would like to wish you guys best of luck in 2006.

I haven't been on here for a while, and thats because these applications are taking up so much time (or maybe I'm just a little slow). I am still waiting on a mark to show up to order my transcripts. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for transcripts to be delivered internationally after requesting it? I know it takes the university 2 to 3 days for processing before they mail it out. I hope the marks show up in the next 2 days, I really need to request these transcripts to meet the deadlines! :scared:

As for everything else, I've almost completed my SOP, and would like to know if it is possible that I can get my letter editted or reviewed by any of you kind SDNers. I think I have it just about right, but since I have to rely heavily on my letter for admission, I can never be too sure.

Finally, last question, I was hoping to apply to U of Pittsburgh, but I just found out that they request a course in sociology or psycology/sociology (and I've never taken one). Can someone shed some light if this is generally an essential course that all Public Health departments request from students?

Thats all for now,
Thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad.

Happy New Year to you too!

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for transcripts to be delivered internationally after requesting it?
Get your University to seal the transcripts envelope, and offer to have it couriered. they usually agree, because they would have to pay for the postage otherwise. I sent mine in by DHL's University Express..usually take 3-4 days from anywhere, and is half the price of a regular courier.

As for everything else, I've almost completed my SOP, and would like to know if it is possible that I can get my letter editted or reviewed by any of you kind SDNers. I think I have it just about right, but since I have to rely heavily on my letter for admission, I can never be too sure.
Maybe you would want to send it as a Personal Message to a few, because of privacy and identity issues..but feel free to send it. i'm having my winter break, so would be glad to help out.

Good Luck!! :luck: hope this proves to be a momentous year for all applicants!

cutiepie83 said:
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while, and thats because these applications are taking up so much time (or maybe I'm just a little slow). I am still waiting on a mark to show up to order my transcripts. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for transcripts to be delivered internationally after requesting it? I know it takes the university 2 to 3 days for processing before they mail it out. I hope the marks show up in the next 2 days, I really need to request these transcripts to meet the deadlines! :scared:

Finally, last question, I was hoping to apply to U of Pittsburgh, but I just found out that they request a course in sociology or psycology/sociology (and I've never taken one). Can someone shed some light if this is generally an essential course that all Public Health departments request from students?

Thats all for now,
Thanks again :)

ive never heard of a public health program requiring a sociology course...i know i took a sociology class but for a gen ed requirement. Im curious is it a specific sociology class pertaining to health that they're asking for or just some random general sociology course?? cause if its the latter then maybe you can pass off a gen ed course as a sociology course...or u can just call me crazy :laugh: ...i hope i helped somewhat and good luck!!