"application is complete" letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I've received no such emails from anywhere, I believe it has to do with your Dean's letter.

I would not read too much into these things. You have to remember that "administrative assistants" are sending out these emails and they may not be as organized as we all would wish. They may have everything and just missed sending an email to you. You should also assume that no one has reviewed your files yet, so there has been no "stratifying". If you are really concerned, you can try emailing the program to make sure they have everything from you (including your college transcript for Duke).

Members don't see this ad :)
So my friend and I applied to the same batch of schools and submitted 2 days apart, and recently he has received many emails from programs saying that they have received his application, and they announced their interview dates, and they are waiting for the Dean's letter to arrive, and once that is in, they will send out interview invites to all qualified applications after they have finished reviewing the applications.

You should have your friend post the interview dates.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I received an email from Duke several days after my application was sent in, saying they would require an undergraduate transcript. I don't think they would have reviewed my application within those two-three days, and the email looked as if it had been mass emailed, based on the "send to" address.

yes duke is asking for undergrad transcripts so its a good idea if you've applied to duke to get that stuff read.

just got this email from Duke, so as you see it means nothing at all. The only letters that mean anything are the "you got an interview" or the rejection ones. If you speculate on every little communication you may go crazy.