I am not an urologist but this is what i got in my inbox today, completely unsolicited

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to follow up with you regarding our company, Promaxo, that is cutting edge and directly in line with the needs of the urologist which are to attract more patients, provide improved care, and capture higher revenue in the outpatient setting. I wanted to see if you may have interest in the technology and if we could meet to discuss further?

Promaxo is a small portable gantry free MRI platform for Physician’s offices and ASCs that enables trans perineal biopsies and treatment of the prostate among other pelvic guided procedures with higher economic value than your current setup. I would love to hear your thoughts on the technology/first to market opportunity and if you have interest in it.

Clinical Value

1. Higher cancer detection over standard of care (71%+)

2. Allows a full trans perineal approach (no rectal involvement), lower infection rates

3. 23% more clinically significant cancers identified

4. 3 cores on avg vs 12 with standard of care

Economic Value

5. MRI Bx’s and treatments add additional coding using MRI vs your standard Ultrasound coding and I am happy to discuss live what that looks like

6. Favorable ROI for office, ASC, or Hospital

Strategic Value

7. First to market in your area

8. Provide MRI level care in your office

9. Attract more private pay patients, provide improved care, capture higher revenue per patient in the outpatient setting.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to follow up with you regarding our company, Promaxo, that is cutting edge and directly in line with the needs of the urologist which are to attract more patients, provide improved care, and capture higher revenue in the outpatient setting. I wanted to see if you may have interest in the technology and if we could meet to discuss further?

Promaxo is a small portable gantry free MRI platform for Physician’s offices and ASCs that enables trans perineal biopsies and treatment of the prostate among other pelvic guided procedures with higher economic value than your current setup. I would love to hear your thoughts on the technology/first to market opportunity and if you have interest in it.

Clinical Value

1. Higher cancer detection over standard of care (71%+)

2. Allows a full trans perineal approach (no rectal involvement), lower infection rates

3. 23% more clinically significant cancers identified

4. 3 cores on avg vs 12 with standard of care

Economic Value

5. MRI Bx’s and treatments add additional coding using MRI vs your standard Ultrasound coding and I am happy to discuss live what that looks like

6. Favorable ROI for office, ASC, or Hospital

Strategic Value

7. First to market in your area

8. Provide MRI level care in your office

9. Attract more private pay patients, provide improved care, capture higher revenue per patient in the outpatient setting.
9- now you’re speaking my language!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would love for more community urologists to start with an MRI rather than a blind biopsy as they attempt to diagnose clinically significant prostate cancer. Then maybe they'd actually biopsy the higher risk lesion that leads to less of these jumps from "Gleason 3+3=6, go on AS" to "Gleason 4+4+8, now needs ADT!" that I'm seeing when trusting sextant biopsy alone without MRI for AS...

MRI also shows extracapsular extension or lymph nodes which may mean less RPs from non-cowboys/shysters

Reactions: 4 users
Would love for more community urologists to start with an MRI rather than a blind biopsy as they attempt to diagnose clinically significant prostate cancer. Then maybe they'd actually biopsy the higher risk lesion that leads to less of these jumps from "Gleason 3+3=6, go on AS" to "Gleason 4+4+8, now needs ADT!"
Yeah but then how they gonna pay their bills?

• Haha
If the urologists had a treatment machine like the breast surgeons.. we'd be in trouble... oh wait. They just used our machines.. and printed cash from 2005-2015 so hard, it made the drug cartel jealous.

If the urologists had a treatment machine like the breast surgeons.. we'd be in trouble... oh wait. They just used our machines.. and printed cash from 2005-2015 so hard, it made the drug cartel jealous.
They’re still printing. Maybe not at laserjet levels but definitely HP Office Inkjet levels.

Reactions: 2 users
Patients in all likelihood still got better care vs unnecessary RP inferior cryo/hifu etc

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with a urologist sending 80-90% of their patients for RT. Ideally they wouldn't own the center but agree better than focal crap being studied... and way better than focal crap being done off protocol.

Urologist bashing aside (you h8 us cuz you 8nt us), I'd be curious to see the economic analysis for an in-office MRI machine. I'm sure it would all come down to utilization rate for diagnostic imaging. MRI-guided procedures like biopsies certainly won't pay for it, since an MRI guided biopsy pays barely more then a standard TRUS bx and takes 2x as long.

Urologist bashing aside (you h8 us cuz you 8nt us), I'd be curious to see the economic analysis for an in-office MRI machine. I'm sure it would all come down to utilization rate for diagnostic imaging. MRI-guided procedures like biopsies certainly won't pay for it, since an MRI guided biopsy pays barely more then a standard TRUS bx and takes 2x as long.
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY ANUS!!

I’ve softened on my stance. Having worked with many, I realized vast majority are good docs, have their own hair (not a piece) and only the rare one has a tail.

This equipment looks interesting, but probably for hospitals not in office.