Application Advice Needed!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamkasiam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am currently studying for the MCAT and will take it on Sept 9th meaning I will get my results on OCt. 14. I realize this is very late and that is exactly why I am writing. I am a non traditional applicant; PhD with a child and I was wondering what you guys thought my chances are?

My Profile:
Undergrad GPA: cGPA 3.91 sGPA 3.93

MO Resident... US Citizen, actual legal residence currently in Germany but I am from MO

ECs
500 hrs volunteering in a pediatric orthopedic clinic in Nepal
100hrs shadowing in an Endoscopy Dept
semester in patagonia sea kayaking and mountaineering (NOLS) (also got my Wilderness First Responder)
4 semesters TA for Physics lab
4 semesters TA for Biochemistry
PhD in Neurobiology from Max Planck Institute: First author Nature paper and Second author Current Biology Paper also won Young Scientist of the Year award
2 years work experience for Roche in a global leadership development program

I realize that without a MCAT score it is really hard to judge this, but the entire application process costs a lot of money and I don't want to go through it just to get denied.

I appreciate all the comments!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any clinical xperience in the US? And, your application will be super late...many schools will already be giving out acceptances in mid-Oct. I would suggest you wait until next year to apply.

Do you have any clinical xperience in the US? And, your application will be super late...many schools will already be giving out acceptances in mid-Oct. I would suggest you wait until next year to apply.

Hey guys thanks for the responses. The post was actually from last year, which provides a cool opportunity for you to get feedback on your Adcom skills.

I got a 519 on the MCAT.

I applied to five schools as follows:

Harvard: rejected no ii
Dartmouth: rejected no ii
SLU: rejected no ii
Wash U: accepted off WL
Yale: accepted

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users