APPIC Interview Invitation Thread (2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone thinking that they will pull an all-nighter?! :help:
I am going to try my hardest to sleep but I am 93% sure I will be laying in bed reading something to pass the time by until 8am. It may be an unintentional all-nighter 😂

Reactions: 1 users
Hate myself a little for asking but does anyone know what the first lines of the email will say if we matched/didn't match? Clearly my coping mechanisms are insufficient because imagining the anxiety of the pause between when I click the notification and the email actually opens is 🙃

Reactions: 1 user
Hate myself a little for asking but does anyone know what the first lines of the email will say if we matched/didn't match? Clearly my coping mechanisms are insufficient because imagining the anxiety of the pause between when I click the notification and the email actually opens is 🙃
I’ve seen screenshots that start off with “this message provides your results in Phase 1 (etc).

Congratulations you have matched!”

Not sure about not matching though 😐 but that first line is likely the same.

To:XXXXXXXX
Applicant Code: XXXXXXX​
This message provides your result in Phase I of the APPIC Internship Matching Program for positions beginning in 2021.​
Congratulations, you have matched!
You have matched to:
Training Site: XXXXXXXX
Program:XXXXXXXX
Program Code: XXXXXXX
The internship will send you an appointment agreement postmarked or e-mailed within 7 days of the release of the Phase I APPIC Match results.​

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve seen screenshots that start off with “this message provides your results in Phase 1 (etc).

Congratulations you have matched!”

Not sure about not matching though 😐 but that first line is likely the same.
To:XXXXXXXX
Applicant Code: XXXXXXX​
This message provides your result in Phase I of the APPIC Internship Matching Program for positions beginning in 2021.​
Congratulations, you have matched!
You have matched to:
Training Site: XXXXXXXX
Program:XXXXXXXX
Program Code: XXXXXXX
The internship will send you an appointment agreement postmarked or e-mailed within 7 days of the release of the Phase I APPIC Match results.​
Thank you both!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're reading this and need a sign that it's time to go to sleep.... Go to sleep! Good night everyone and good luck <3

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Jumping on the NyQuil train. Sweet dreams (hopefully) and good luck everyone!

• Wow
I’m mad I didn’t check this earlier and see the NyQuil idea :rofl:

• Sad
Definitely not sleeping. Definitely finishing up season 3 of Under the Dome until it's time o.o

Welll.... at least I got 4 hours of sleep. Already up and anxiously waiting. Who’s up with me?

Reactions: 6 users
I haven’t slept a wink. This is awful. I keep telling myself that maybe it will come way earlier than I expect.

I barely slept, which is unusual because I’m typically exhausted and fall asleep + wake up at reasonable times. I didn’t have this much sleep disturbance before interviews, when I was also excited/nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
Yup! I’m awake... counting down the minutes lol! Wondering if it comes through right at 8 or in droves?
In past years, it looks like it may have even come before 8. Looking at last year’s thread, people mentioned that they had gotten theirs at 7:30am EST. And that sometimes they come in droves.

• Wow
Just got mine. 1st choice! I’m shaking/in shock. Good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I GOT THE EMAIL (haven’t open yet, can’t stop freaking out, might pass out)

• Care
Just got mine too!! Thank you all for being so supportive during this process. I'm sending positive vibes!

Reactions: 10 users
Received my email at 7:09am CST. Matched to my #2!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got my email. I matched to my #2 choice. I wish everyone the best!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Finally mustered the courage to open it. Matched to my #1!!!! Woo!!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Matched to my number one 😭 so excited, extending a virtual hug to all who receive (hopefully good) news today!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
It can seem like such a crazy process. Matched at my #5 - good energy to everyone :)

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
Total shock. Matched to my number #1. Can’t believe I’m going to really be a forensic psychologist!!!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Matched to my #1!! Congrats to all those who matched and for those who didn’t, we’re rooting for you! It’s been a challenging and competitive year!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
So happy to breathe again! Matched at my #1! What a year. Lots of love to all the applicants this crazy year!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Matched to my #1! I really appreciate everyone here for all the helpful guidance and support! Congrats to everyone who went through this crazy process regardless of the outcome.

I think last year people provided their personal stats which was helpful for me to not panic when I got so many fewer interviews than expected, so I'll do that:

Applied to 15
5 interviews (plus one who said I could rank them but I didn't get an interview)
Matched at my #1

Definitely still in shock!

• Love
Who is the best person to speak to if we have questions about our match results?

Probably depends on what the question is.