PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had trouble sleeping last night... And I didn't even think that I would have trouble sleeping this coming night :bored:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I had trouble sleeping last night... And I didn't even think that I would have trouble sleeping this coming night :bored:
Same! After 4-5 nights of great sleep it all reset last night -___-

24 hours until emails start trickling in!!! What's everyone up to today/tonight?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! After 4-5 nights of great sleep it all reset last night -___-

24 hours until emails start trickling in!!! What's everyone up to today/tonight?

Playing LEGO Harry Potter with my partner during the day and then drinking tonight with some people from our cohort. I think distraction is my my best bet today.

Good luck to everyone today! I can't believe we've all made it this far. What a ride. I definitely feel like we have created a little cohort of our own on here!

Reactions: 9 users
Going to see 3 clients, then a meeting at school...I think I’ll then come home and skip class and play sims 4 until my sister comes home at which point we are going on a baking frenzy!!

I'm gonna put a plug in for some healthy coping strategies. How about a trip to the gym, or some board gaming? ;)

Yeah, I actually am committed to engaging in good self-care strategies today because if this is what we teach our patients to do when they are distressed, then I would hope I could take my own advice! My plan is to meditate, do some weight training, cook/eat healthy meals throughout the day, read a new book that I got, and talk to some good friends/family.

I will echo the sentiments though that my sleep was absolutely horrible last night, so I can't imagine the torture that tonight will bring :(

Reactions: 7 users
I'm gonna put a plug in for some healthy coping strategies. How about a trip to the gym, or some board gaming? ;)

My plan for today is to clean my entire apartment top to bottom, do a few hours of work, happy hour with a friend, then hopefully mario kart all night

Sounds fantastic...as long as it's old super Nintendo Mario Kart.

Unfortunately my SNES is still in my childhood home. But the Switch does have some classic SNES courses.

(If anyone here wants to be Switch friends and race tonight LMK )

Reactions: 1 users
I have prac from 8 to 4 and then class from 6 to 9; this is the first time I’m grateful for such a busy day it doesn’t really feel like my birthday due to the match preoccupation, but I am allowing myself to get some form of fast food on the way to class and another way I’m coping is just looking forward to the plans I do have tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully match doesn’t ruin the excitement of those plans though haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, one of the psychiatrists at prac gave me her cell number because she doesn’t want to wait until Tuesday to hear the news. That’s the kind of support we all need!

I’m glad to hear some other people are not planning to do a whole lot of work today. I cleaned a bit but can’t seem to get going with writing today. Oh well!

all of my kiddos are being avoidant of therapy today and I do NOT have the heart to chase them around (hard part of working where the kids live)...I might just abandon the effort and see them all for extra time next week...

Reactions: 1 user
I caught the flu, clearly just my body knowing I needed distraction..??

I'm going rollerblading tonight!! I hope I don't end up accidentally hurting myself LOL

I just kept dreaming last night that it was match day and that I didn’t get a match notification while seeing everybody here posting their results. And I kept waiting and waiting until it became more clear as more time passed that I probably messed up my rankings and I wasn’t included in the match. I wasn’t a fan.

I am going to read for pleasure today for the first time in a very long time. And then have some Thai food with my honey.

Still undecided if I will set my alarm in the morning or if I will just check whenever I wake up. I feel bad about waking my partner up so early.

My anxiety is turning into being ornery as hell and I have been giving my partner hell tonight (gently, though, I promise). We played Betrayal on the House on the Hill and
I prefer to fight on the internet with an ornery old goat instead, thank you.

My anxiety is turning into being ornery as hell and I have been giving my partner hell tonight (gently, though, I promise). We played Betrayal on the House on the Hill and

Betrayal is SO fun!!! I recommend the legacy version if you have a good gaming group.

Betrayal is SO fun!!! I recommend the legacy version if you have a good gaming group.
Oh lol, I hadn't noticed the draft from my post last night was included in my response but I am glad you figured out what I was saying.
It's extremely fun, especially with a good spooky soundtrack. I will definitely check this out, thank you!

Day drinking for sure....
went through the annoyance of resetting my password to say, YES PLEASE ALL THE DAY DRINKING...but not too early because phone calls and what not. BUT AFTER THAT, YES ALL OF IT!

My boss who is the greatest boss to ever boss cleared her schedule for tomorrow (and effectively, my schedule for tomorrow) just so I have the space to celebrate/grieve accordingly LOL

Reactions: 4 users
Better than any board game I can think of. Fun, and you just might learn something :)
I agree. I wonder if the goat is capable of learning. Let's argue about animal cognition now, what do you say.

I just kept dreaming last night that it was match day and that I didn’t get a match notification while seeing everybody here posting their results. And I kept waiting and waiting until it became more clear as more time passed that I probably messed up my rankings and I wasn’t included in the match. I wasn’t a fan.

I am going to read for pleasure today for the first time in a very long time. And then have some Thai food with my honey.

Still undecided if I will set my alarm in the morning or if I will just check whenever I wake up. I feel bad about waking my partner up so early.

Thai food is the BEST. I order Thai hot and they always ask “are you sure?”

Tongue in cheek or half-serious, best to take this elsewhere and not derail this thread too :)
Alright, I'll meet you by the flagpole at recess.

Thai food is the BEST. I order Thai hot and they always ask “are you sure?”
I'm ordering Ethiopian tonight and I'm gonna finish watching Russian Doll. That's my plan.

I decided to go to class. It just started two minutes ago and wow I can tell that this is going to be a waste of time......my brain is not here

I decided to go to class. It just started two minutes ago and wow I can tell that this is going to be a waste of time......my brain is not here
Yeah, it's incredibly hard to stay present and engage in anything that requires any degree of self-discipline or cognitive resources today. I keep trying to focus on my dissertation, but it feels absolutely futile. It's hard to find comfort in the fact that today will also pass when tomorrow could bring more of the same exact ****, on top of the sting of rejection. But I guess, theoretically, that will pass too. It's hard to find the right level of engagement with valued activities, which can feel extremely forced and more unrewarding than if we didn't even attempt them - and just leaning into our avoidance mechanisms. :-/

Yeah, it's incredibly hard to stay present and engage in anything that requires any degree of self-discipline or cognitive resources today. I keep trying to focus on my dissertation, but it feels absolutely futile. It's hard to find comfort in the fact that today will also pass when tomorrow could bring more of the same exact ****, on top of the sting of rejection. But I guess, theoretically, that will pass too. It's hard to find the right level of engagement with valued activities, which can feel extremely forced and more unrewarding than if we didn't even attempt them - and just leaning into our avoidance mechanisms. :-/

This is actually a serious problem in that if I don't match, it'll be almost impossible to dredge up motivation to not only do phase II and do more interviews and start looking at back up plans, but also, i'll have to go back full force to some things that I have been putting off/avoiding.....even if I don't match, i'll still have to go back to those avoided tasks cause they have to get done eventuall!

Well after a long day of neuropsych-ing, I was going to go home and whip up some Trader Joe's frozen beef and broccoli, but DAMMIT, i'm getting takeout too!

Fighting the urge to sneak peek my 'match day' liquor. Be strong, girl.

All this talk of takeout hurts my heart...I wish we had good options near me. Ehthiopian or Thai sounds amazing but there is nothing near me and with the whole family sick I am too tired to make anything. At least with cold meds I may sleep okay right!?

All this talk of takeout hurts my heart...I wish we had good options near me. Ehthiopian or Thai sounds amazing but there is nothing near me and with the whole family sick I am too tired to make anything. At least with cold meds I may sleep okay right!?
If it makes you feel any better I decided to toss in a frozen pizza instead.

This was at the point where I couldn't even taste what I was eating anymore. Not too mention the amount of napkins I needed for the snot.
On second thought, I think I'll hold off on the Thai tonight.

IMG_1251.GIF

I'm currently sitting in the parking lot of a sonic wolfing down a burger ‍♂️

13 hours!

Anyone else have one of these going?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.55.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.55.39 PM.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else have one of these going?
Yes!!! Me too!!! This is like the hell version of christmas eve. Can I say that???

But seriously I wish the best to all of you here! I dont post often but I read all these posts and truly feel a sense of positive support and community. Ya'll make me happy to be a part of this field!! :)

Reactions: 17 users
I seriously lol’ed at some of these distraction techniques! Totally jealous of those that did some day drinking. I’ll be binge watching Russian doll with some wine as soon as I get my toddler to bed. Watching Frozen and eating goldfish crackers in bed with her because I can’t adult anymore today. ‍♀️

Tomorrow I’m taking myself for a massage after I drop the kiddo at school, and then have a nice dinner date planned with my husband. Tomorrow’s going to be a win no matter what.

Reactions: 6 users
I seriously lol’ed at some of these distraction techniques! Totally jealous of those that did some day drinking. I’ll be binge watching Russian doll with some wine as soon as I get my toddler to bed. Watching Frozen and eating goldfish crackers in bed with her because I can’t adult anymore today. ‍♀️

Tomorrow I’m taking myself for a massage after I drop the kiddo at school, and then have a nice dinner date planned with my husband. Tomorrow’s going to be a win no matter what.

You are doing parenting and life right! I had a sick toddler all day so it’s been Disney films and ritz crackers for the win! Maybe I’ll talk to hubby about a date night tomorrow too if my little is feeling better...

I'm on my second viewing of it right now, it's so incredibly good.

You are doing parenting and life right! I had a sick toddler all day so it’s been Disney films and ritz crackers for the win! Maybe I’ll talk to hubby about a date night tomorrow too if my little is feeling better...

Ha, it doesn’t feel like winning but we are doing ok. One of my biggest stressors leading up to this has been thinking of daycare waiting lists in a new city! Hope your kiddo feels better!

Anyone else feeling stressed by the fact that, when/if we match, we can't just relax but then we have to start looking for a place to live and all the other moving logistics (possibly across the country too!)?

Reactions: 7 users
Y'all, pase lo que pase; your algorithm came back weeks ago and stressin' won't change anything. Take some time to relax, grab a few drinks, and make a few irresponsible decisions (as long as they don't impact your future ability to get a license). Tomorrow is your first day toward becoming a fully functioning psychologist.

Reactions: 10 users