Apartments at Scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jules3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a first year student at Scholl in the fall. What are the on-campus apartments like? (I have looked on the school website and taken a tour, but I was hoping for any insider info!)I registered in the housing lottery, but I am not sure if I will get a place. In addition, if I do not get a place in RFUMS housing, where else should I consider living? I have looked into the Woodlands apartments and have gotten mixed opinions. I am not very familiar with the area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Jules3 said:
I will be a first year student at Scholl in the fall. What are the on-campus apartments like? (I have looked on the school website and taken a tour, but I was hoping for any insider info!)I registered in the housing lottery, but I am not sure if I will get a place. In addition, if I do not get a place in RFUMS housing, where else should I consider living? I have looked into the Woodlands apartments and have gotten mixed opinions. I am not very familiar with the area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

See you there :thumbup:

I have just about the same Q's as you.

Hey guys, I will be starting at Scholl in the fall with both of you...I decided not to do the housing lottery-I thought the on-campus housing was a bit pricey (especially for someone coming from ohio!). So I am on the waiting list at the Woodlands, hoping to hear back from them sometime in June to see if any apartments will be open for August. I also know of people who will be living in Northern Crossing and the Osprey Lake apartments...so check those out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll be going to scholl with all three of you next fall! I'm not really sure of good places to live in the area. My parents live about 30 minutes away so I'll be commuting until I get sick of living with them again. Anyways, if you want to get to know the area, either the suburbs or the city, I'll be happy to give you suggestions or show you around myself! See ya in August.

zephryus14 said:
I guess I'll be going to scholl with all three of you next fall! I'm not really sure of good places to live in the area. My parents live about 30 minutes away so I'll be commuting until I get sick of living with them again. Anyways, if you want to get to know the area, either the suburbs or the city, I'll be happy to give you suggestions or show you around myself! See ya in August.

I am looking at living south of North Chicago. What is a good suburb close to the interstate? Mount Prospect?

I will not drive further than 20 mins, but would like a better suburb, than Wakegan, and cheaper than Forest Lake. Some place close enough to 94, so I could easily drive to school in the mornings, but some place with recs, parks, and comfortable, but not too expensive living.

Thanks for your advice. Look forward to meeting you all.
Luke.

doclm said:
I am looking at living south of North Chicago. What is a good suburb close to the interstate? Mount Prospect?

I will not drive further than 20 mins, but would like a better suburb, than Wakegan, and cheaper than Forest Lake. Some place close enough to 94, so I could easily drive to school in the mornings, but some place with recs, parks, and comfortable, but not too expensive living.

Thanks for your advice. Look forward to meeting you all.
Luke.

Hey Luke-
Mt. Prospect is a great place to live! I lived in Arlington Heights for 11 years (it's right next to Mt. Prospect). That whole area is being revitalized. downtown arlington heights is booming right now, and it's bringing in a younger crowd. As for the drive, the area is about 30-40 minutes from scholl, so if you want a shorter drive i'd look more north. Libertyville might be a nice place to live. They have lots of bike trails and a kick ass forest preserve called Independence Grove. Best of luck!
-Steve

zephryus14 said:
Hey Luke-
Mt. Prospect is a great place to live! I lived in Arlington Heights for 11 years (it's right next to Mt. Prospect). That whole area is being revitalized. downtown arlington heights is booming right now, and it's bringing in a younger crowd. As for the drive, the area is about 30-40 minutes from scholl, so if you want a shorter drive i'd look more north. Libertyville might be a nice place to live. They have lots of bike trails and a kick ass forest preserve called Independence Grove. Best of luck!
-Steve

I heard that Arlington Heights is more expensive than Mt. Prospect. Is that true? Also, is Mt. Prospect closer to RFU than Arlington Heights? 30Min drive for me would be fine. I used to drive 65 min each way to school in undergrad. I think that driving somewhat of a distance to school and back is really good for clearing your mind, and thinking about what you just learned.

Do you know of any really good apt complexs in Mt. Prospect/ Libertyville? I am just asking if you know of any off the top of your head. If not thats cool, I'm going in about two weeks to look for apts.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

doclm said:
I heard that Arlington Heights is more expensive than Mt. Prospect. Is that true? Also, is Mt. Prospect closer to RFU than Arlington Heights? 30Min drive for me would be fine. I used to drive 65 min each way to school in undergrad. I think that driving somewhat of a distance to school and back is really good for clearing your mind, and thinking about what you just learned.

Do you know of any really good apt complexs in Mt. Prospect/ Libertyville? I am just asking if you know of any off the top of your head. If not thats cool, I'm going in about two weeks to look for apts.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Yeah, it's true that Arlington Heights is more expensive. Mount Prospect would be a better deal. As for which is closer, they're about the same distance from Scholl. Libertyville, on the other hand, is much closer. As for the complexes, I really don't know, I've never had to look for apartments in the area, sorry.