Anyone with less than 5 interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excalibur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else out there sweating it out right now? The new messages I keep getting in ERAS are rejections, and I'm getting somewhat frustrated.

So I was wondering if there were other SDNers who had 5 interviews or less so we could form a makeshift support group to get us through the rough road ahead.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Did you apply widely?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 for the support group.

hey everyone...new to the forum. i saw this thread and completely agree. i'm sittin on a few interviews...but not enough to feel anywhere near comfortable.

i really dont know what to do now. what do you guys think? call or email the programs or just wait a day or two to see if they are still gettin to the applications still?

I called one program I was interested in, expressed my interst, and they said they would take another look at my file.

what you think excalibur...call or email? i was goin send emails to a few porgrams i haven't heard from. i tried calling 2 programs today but was only able to leave messages

I called the residency coordinator at one school.

I guess emailing would serve the same purpose.

I tried not to leave messages on voicemails.

If I don't hear anything by end of this week I may email some more programs

I applied to 18 Anesthesia programs, got 3 rejects and 3 invites...so far...however, my very last LOR got posted to the ERAS on Nov 2nd. When did your application materials get into ERAS ? Fellow colleagues also agree that the interview season seems to be dried up ... or at least I would bet these programs are just now looking at the apps ... and we'll hear from them in Dec...the bad thing is that I have a req'd rotation in Jan.

I'm not holding my breath on many more interviews... I know that a lot of programs have extended enough interview invites so as to run out of them. Not unlike the airlines overbook flights by 15% if able.

Seems that the best strategy is exactly what Ex said - focus energy on programs that are likely to take a gander at my file and make the programs that did interview me like me that much more... :scared: