Anyone used HemeOncReview qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beyondbethany

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had hemeoncquestions subscription through fellowship and it's ok (especially for the price). The wording of questions can be clunky. However, the worst part of this is the interface which is slow on a good day and unusable when its close to exam times.

I'm looking for alternatives and found HemeOncReview. It's tough to tell much from their site. It appears that they have lots of question authors which may improve the question writing. It looks like it has a better user interface as well. Anyone have experience to share?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I'll answer my own question for other's future reference. HemeOncReview has a much better interface than HemeOncQuestions but the questions are of variable quality. A lot of them seem to not match standard board question formats. There is also a fair number of typos. One redeeming quality is that you can leave comments on the questions and the editors will respond and often make updates/changes/corrections based on those. I would only pay for this one after you have exhausted HOQ.

Reactions: 1 users
Finish blood hematology (30 chapters with excellent pearls and summaries through out) and you won't need hemeonc questions for hematology. There are about 600 pages if I remember correctly. 10 pages a day and after 2 months you are done with the first pass. Do it twice and you will do very well and easily pass heme boards if you combine with other materials.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for sharing the insight. what other material are you referring to?

Ravin Garg's HOQB is sufficient to pass the boards. Do it 2x over, and repeat high yield sections (breast, prostate, colon, germ cell, leukemia) and you should be golden. Maybe a week of your time in June can be spent reading / doing ASCO SEP/SAP just so you can say you did it, but honestly I didn't gain much from this passive learning. No other q bank really compares IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Ravin Garg's HOQB is sufficient to pass the boards. Do it 2x over, and repeat high yield sections (breast, prostate, colon, germ cell, leukemia) and you should be golden. Maybe a week of your time in June can be spent reading / doing ASCO SEP/SAP just so you can say you did it, but honestly I didn't gain much from this passive learning. No other q bank really compares IMO.
thank you, is it good for both hematology and oncology?

Grazi for that. Now that the app is passable this sounds like a viable study strategy

As a word of warning:
Their servers seem to strain under the weight of all users simultaneously accessing the site when you get to within a few weeks of boards, or at least they did a few years ago. Made consistent access dicey at best.

Reactions: 1 user