How to use CME credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRCA123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a current hospitalist and have a 3000$ cme $ that I would like to spend before leaving for fellowship this July.

Where can I spend it that could be geared towards fellowship? ASH and ASCO memberships? How about heme/onc qbanks that I can buy ahead but not activate.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I think some fellowships cover the cost of ASCO or ASH membership for duration of your fellowship, at least mine does that. Hemonquestions.org, which arguably the best qbank, is dirt cheap to buy and make a dent on the allotted expense. Perhaps, request for an exemption to buy a nice laptop, if you need one.

Members don't see this ad :)
ASCO is in person in June this year. 3 large should cover most of that.
I am leaving my current job for fellowship this July. Reimbursements for CME have to be 90 days prior to resignation date.

They need receipts and attendance prior to reimbursing.
Then I got nothing.

Actually, Oakstone and others do a little "deal/scam" where you get a large gift card (usually Amazon) when you buy their overpriced CME products. Good way to spend somebody else's money and get a little something for yourself too.