Anyone submitted application yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danhj89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Please share whether you have already submitted your application.
2. Indicate your verification date.
3. Which schools have you applied? (Status if available)

I submitted mine on 8/3 and was verified on 8/8.
I was surprised how quick the process was. I applied
Pitts, UMB, Udel, Temple, and Shenandoah

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Pitts, Drexel, UMB, Udel, Temple, and Shenandoah

I submitted my application on 7/6 and was verified on 7/10. I applied ED to Duke.

Can I submit my application before my letter of recs are completed?

I am done with everything else but my references. I have sent out letter of rec requests to therapists but they have not completed them yet. Do I have to wait to for them to complete them before I submit my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
my application was submitted on 7/25/17 and was verified on 7/26/17. Question is there anyone else we can view the calculated GPA that PTCAS calculates. There's a discrepancy with the GPA shown on my application and what a program is telling what they see on their side.

Can I submit my application before my letter of recs are completed?

I am done with everything else but my references. I have sent out letter of rec requests to therapists but they have not completed them yet. Do I have to wait to for them to complete them before I submit my application?
You are able to submit prior to having your references submit your LOR. However, I would ensure that the references are indeed going to submit them prior to you submitting your application. I submitted my application on July 22nd, and it was verified on the 27th.

1. Submitted on 8/01
2. Verified on 8/03
3. Applied ED to Duke!

Reactions: 1 user
Do schools usually let you know when they receive an application?

Do schools usually let you know when they receive an application?
The school I applied to did, due to the fact that they had a supplemental fee that had to be paid.

my application was submitted on 7/25/17 and was verified on 7/26/17. Question is there anyone else we can view the calculated GPA that PTCAS calculates. There's a discrepancy with the GPA shown on my application and what a program is telling what they see on their side.

The only way I know is by downloading your application on the "My Programs" tab. Sounds like a good question to call PTCAS about if a school isn't matching what you show. Then again, the school may have their own scale they are using to calculate grades that is separate from PTCAS.

You are able to submit prior to having your references submit your LOR. However, I would ensure that the references are indeed going to submit them prior to you submitting your application. I submitted my application on July 22nd, and it was verified on the 27th.

Awesome, thanks
I see both therapists daily and they've told me they would be willing to write me LORs. It's just a matter of them getting it done at this point.

Guess it's time for me to review my apps and submit

Submitted 8/9. Verified 8/10. Wow that was fast!
Applied for early decision at Samuel Merritt University in the lovely bay area of northern CA, my hometown. :)

Can you submit your application before your shadowing hours are verified? I see above that you don't have to wait for you LORs to come in, is it the same as that? Meaning once transcripts are entered, essay is written, you can submit?

Can you submit your application before your shadowing hours are verified? I see above that you don't have to wait for you LORs to come in, is it the same as that? Meaning once transcripts are entered, essay is written, you can submit?

You can add more observation hours and request a recommendation letter after you e-submit.

Check your essay and program specific questions because you can't change them.

There should not be a discrepancy.
In this case, I would call them to find out the root of the discrepancy.

1. Submitted on July 14
2. Verified on July 17
3. Applied ED

Submitted 7/1, verified 7/3. Applied ED to UTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submitted 8/9. Verified 8/10. Wow that was fast!
Applied for early decision at Samuel Merritt University in the lovely bay area of northern CA, my hometown. :)
Hi 2nd Adulthood! I also applied early decision at SMU! Have you heard back from them? I know they may not let us know until Sept 25, but I'm dying to know if they are starting to send out acceptances yet!

Hi 2nd Adulthood! I also applied early decision at SMU! Have you heard back from them? I know they may not let us know until Sept 25, but I'm dying to know if they are starting to send out acceptances yet!

Hi Kipperwok! Not yet. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I submitted mine on Sunday, Sept 17th and it was verified today, Wednesday, Sept. 20
I applied to Duke, VCU, Ohio St. and Shenandoah

Does anyone know how long it takes to find out? Only Shenandoah has an interview...

Pitts, UMB, Udel, Temple, and Shenandoah