Anyone studying in Ukraine/Bulgaria 6-year program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

souvy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI all,
I was thinking about the following eastern europe countries.
I would appreciate any info on them.
1. Ukraine
2. Bulgaria
3. Lithuania
4. Estonia
5. Latvia
6. Greece

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your list seems somewhat odd. As far as I know, the countries you mention don't have English-language progs, and each of them have a somewhat difficult native tongue. Why do you want to study in a country where you have no clear links, language- or otherwise? Because that's what I'm assuming, since you mention countries from Estonia all the way down to Greece???

It seems you're in a rush to find somewhere to study medicine, I think that you should consider the option to study in Cuba.

Members don't see this ad :)
NotAnymore said:
It seems you're in a rush to find somewhere to study medicine, I think that you should consider the option to study in Cuba.
I wouldn't call it a rush, as i'm planning to go next year.
I would say i'm making a research, gathering enough information so I could make a good choice.
I might likely end up in Russia or Ukraine :) Who knows ;)

souvy said:
HI all,
1. Ukraine
2. Bulgaria
3. Lithuania
4. Estonia
5. Latvia
6. Greece

Thanks
Hi there I am from Medical University of Pleven - Bulgaria.
Im pretty delightted by my education in here I am 6-th year medical Student. Here in Pleven There is English languege Program so you can lern 100 % in English. And the Native languege is not so Hard that many people things. If you want more specific information about Pleven`s University Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]
There is the Website of the University
www.vmi-pl.bg
Enjoy :)

ivonenov said:
Hi there I am from Medical University of Pleven - Bulgaria.
Im pretty delightted by my education in here I am 6-th year medical Student. Here in Pleven There is English languege Program so you can lern 100 % in English. And the Native languege is not so Hard that many people things. If you want more specific information about Pleven`s University Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]
There is the Website of the University
www.vmi-pl.bg
Enjoy :)
i agree with you ivonenov :thumbup:

souvy said:
HI all,
1. Ukraine
2. Bulgaria
3. Lithuania
4. Estonia
5. Latvia
6. Greece

Thanks

I study in Kaunas Medical University (Lithuania). Our university does have an English speaking program, which is appreciated for affordable and quality education by foreign students. Most of the foreigners pick up Lithuanian during their first year, even though it's supposed to be one of the most difficult languages in the world. Good luck in your search!

souvy said:
HI all,
1. Ukraine
2. Bulgaria
3. Lithuania
4. Estonia
5. Latvia
6. Greece

Thanks

Hi, i am in my final yr(6th YR) medicine in Romania. The course is in english and the standard is also quite good as compared to Russia and ukraine. Its not very expensive also(i mean affordable).If u want any other information about my university and romania,please feel free to ask me at [email protected].All the very Best.

I have a question. How do you guys (the people who are studying in "English language" programs in Bulgaria, or Ukraine, or Lithuania, etc.) interact with the patients during your clinical years if you don't fluently speak the language of the country where you're studying? :confused:

PsychMD said:
I have a question. How do you guys (the people who are studying in "English language" programs in Bulgaria, or Ukraine, or Lithuania, etc.) interact with the patients during your clinical years if you don't fluently speak the language of the country where you're studying? :confused:

Can't speak for Bulgaria, Ukraine or Lithuania; can speak for Hungary.

Typically, non-speakers will adopt one of two strategies. One, they'll learn the language in the pre-clinical years; Or two, they'll tag along with a bilingual student (e.g. like yours truly) who'll translate for them.

Miklos said:
Can't speak for Bulgaria, Ukraine or Lithuania; can speak for Hungary.

Typically, non-speakers will adopt one of two strategies. One, they'll learn the language in the pre-clinical years; Or two, they'll tag along with a bilingual student (e.g. like yours truly) who'll translate for them.

our school has the same....but there is a third group that don't even bother to attend the clinicals, or show up for attendance and sneak out.... :eek:

neilc said:
our school has the same....but there is a third group that don't even bother to attend the clinicals, or show up for attendance and sneak out.... :eek:

That wouldn't work at the Hungarian schools I know. If someone misses more than 10% of clinicals, they need to get the professors and dean's signature to take their exam. Greater than 30% means failing the class.

PsychMD said:

Regarding your question...well once you start living in a country the preclinical years itself sufficient enough for you to learn the countries language.It is difficult in the begining and then as time passes u get the hang of it.it isnt the biggest probelm. :)