Anyone know someone that appealed USMLE Part 2 CK and had their score changed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaSSyBruin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody. I have a friend that has failed his step 2 CK exam 4 times. This last time he scored a 208 and a 209 is passing! Just one point shy and his life is completely changed. He has graduated medical school and has been studying this test for years. Does anyone know how of any time a score appeal has been granted from Fail to Passing? Obviously, I can elaborate on how unfortunate this is, but I am more so seeking guided help if any is out there! His medical school that he graduated from most likely won't grant him another chance to re-take.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in that situation I would definitely try it and post the success story online as an inspiration. I think it's worth it for 1 point.

It's worth a shot but I highly doubt they will change it in order to get a passing score. Wishing your friend the best of luck!!

Hi Everybody. I have a friend that has failed his step 2 CK exam 4 times. This last time he scored a 208 and a 209 is passing! Just one point shy and his life is completely changed. He has graduated medical school and has been studying this test for years. Does anyone know how of any time a score appeal has been granted from Fail to Passing? Obviously, I can elaborate on how unfortunate this is, but I am more so seeking guided help if any is out there! His medical school that he graduated from most likely won't grant him another chance to re-take.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Reactions: 1 user