Anyone keep a gaming desktop in med school? Or just laptops?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
specs of the dog?

Lol. F1b red tuxedo labradoodle. 65lbs of fluff! Daddy is a red tuxedo standard Poodle and mom is a brown F1b labradoodle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Idiotic reply. Ignore.

The deal is thus: Spend your entertainment time how you please. You just need to decide how much - 1 - money do you have to spend on building a new rig, and 2 - time you want to spend after you've spent the money on parts. You really have to determine ahead of time how exactly you're going to spend on this hobby. As a med student you have to seriously meter out how much sleep you REALLY need per day (this is not not repeat NOT a segment of your 24 hour cycle you want to short yourself on), how long it takes you to acquire and prepare healthy food (critical), when you're going to do that 30-60 minutes of exercise per day (something you ignore at your peril), how long it's going to take you to get from A to B and so on, how much time it takes to do your morning bathroom routine, and how much time it's going to take to attend classes, study and do all the other million things you didn't think you had to do in med school. You will quickly find that your gaming career is effectively reduced to a few hours on weekends when there isn't an exam looming on the horizon. If you're good with that, then gaming and med school are compatible.

Personally, I made my peace with it and put my rig in storage. The 4770K is already obsolete as is the GTX1070 Seahawk. By the time I see it again, I expect all the water cooling to fail immediately from disuse. It might be a dedicated server at that point (this is when I finish residency sometime in the 2026-2028 timeframe) and can do a ground-up build with all the future latest new hotness.

It's about priorities.
i will gladly take it off your hands if you decide to toss it lol