Anyone interested in online EMS journal club?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viostorm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in an "online" EMS journal club?

Someone could post an article every couple of weeks and then discuss it?

I think a lot of people here have good things to say?

Yes? No?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be interested in this idea.

+1

Sounds like a cool idea. I need to keep up with that kinda stuff better anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) How would we post article? Would there be copyright problems? The abstracts are available at pubmed, but that really doesn't tell you all the details of the article. I doubt it could be posted on SDN, perhaps we could email it to a group of people without too much trouble if someone had the pdf. Suggestions?

Here is the guidelines I would suggest:

* Peer reviewed journals
* EMS related only
* Preferentially recent articles only ...

It may be too much trouble ... the place I am does not have an EM program so it is hard for me to stay up to date

sounds good to me.
what exactly is "peer reviewed" ???
streetdoc

streetdoc said:
sounds good to me.
streetdoc

Well, personally I would rather read articles that approach problems from scientific perspective ... but honestly I don't care. I don't find JEMS very stimulating intellectually ...

I was more thinking Annals of Emergency Medicine ... et cetera

Things written for physicians, medical directors, advanced prehospital care providers, that comment on the state of the practice.

I don't find JEMS very stimulating intellectually ...

It's a magazine. It's not a journal.

It means that it is reviewed by a professional (normally an MD in the case of medical journals, PhD's in other areas) for quality and content before publication

viostorm said:
1) How would we post article? Would there be copyright problems? The abstracts are available at pubmed, but that really doesn't tell you all the details of the article. I doubt it could be posted on SDN, perhaps we could email it to a group of people without too much trouble if someone had the pdf. Suggestions?

Here is the guidelines I would suggest:

* Peer reviewed journals
* EMS related only
* Preferentially recent articles only ...

It may be too much trouble ... the place I am does not have an EM program so it is hard for me to stay up to date
No, you cannot post the article here. You can only post a link to the article. You should be able to post the abstract though (I think).