Anyone here from St John Fisher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

will7678

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from St John Fisher yet. I emailed them a month ago to ensure they recieved my application from pharmcas and supplemental and they said that they had. Still haven't heard anyone say that they have an interview yet. Anyone else waiting for them?

Edit: oops title should be hear not here. Sorry :p

Members don't see this ad.

yes. :p I believe they usually start their interviews in January. Well, thats what they did last year.

hey

no I completed my application mid October and still havent heard from them!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got a letter in the mail stating how to see my status of my application online...

hm. i submitted my app at the end of september, seems that they are taking a long time to look over apps considering they are rolling admissions.

but it's all good. the waiting game is still in play.

i just got a letter in the mail stating how to see my status of my application online...

hm. i submitted my app at the end of september, seems that they are taking a long time to look over apps considering they are rolling admissions.

but it's all good. the waiting game is still in play.

I got that letter too but for some reason I could not open that website to check my appl (keep getting the error msg). Are you able to check yours ?

I got that letter too but for some reason I could not open that website to check my appl (keep getting the error msg). Are you able to check yours ?

I haven't been able to check my status either. I can get into the site but when I enter the user number and default password they gave me it says that they are incorrect.

www.sjfc.edu/admissions/app-checklist

the site says admissions log in and asks you to put in your log in info.
then you click on fall 2010.

Then it lists a bunch of info about what you are applyingfor and then it lists if if you uave your pcat scores/transcripts/LOR in.

It says "Application Preference: Not entered" Don't know what that means exactly

www.sjfc.edu/admissions/app-checklist

the site says admissions log in and asks you to put in your log in info.
then you click on fall 2010.

Then it lists a bunch of info about what you are applyingfor and then it lists if if you uave your pcat scores/transcripts/LOR in.

It says "Application Preference: Not entered" Don't know what that means exactly

Thank you.

Here we are about a week into December, anyone gotten an interview invite yet? Just wondering if they just start these things REALLY late.

Spoke with some professors at the school a couple weeks ago. They haven't started interviewing yet :) Not sure that they've even started looking at apps.
Seems like they're a little behind this year. Last year, I was interviewed in November and accepted in mid-December. I will let you know if I hear that they've started reviewing apps.

Spoke with some professors at the school a couple weeks ago. They haven't started interviewing yet :) Not sure that they've even started looking at apps.
Seems like they're a little behind this year. Last year, I was interviewed in November and accepted in mid-December. I will let you know if I hear that they've started reviewing apps.

Awesome thanks. I figured they must be pretty far behind. Here is to hoping we start to hear something before Christmas break :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thanks. I figured they must be pretty far behind. Here is to hoping we start to hear something before Christmas break :xf:

ooh..doubtful :) I know they are trying to set up meetings, but it's been difficult because a lot of the faculty is out sick. I'd forget about it all during break and then start to think about it again once the fall semester rolls around. I don't think much will be happening within the next month or so.

ooh..doubtful :) I know they are trying to set up meetings, but it's been difficult because a lot of the faculty is out sick. I'd forget about it all during break and then start to think about it again once the fall semester rolls around. I don't think much will be happening within the next month or so.

Well at least it isn't just me that ins't hearing anything. I keep checking on here to see if anyone has recieved an interview invite yet.Well I suppose worrying won't help anything so I will just try to enjoy the christmas break, especially since I am done this semester and don't have to go back in the spring :D

You're being far too helpful. Where's that old pharmacy school spirit of doom and gloom?

No jobs available! Get out while you still can! Retail pharmacy is the devil! The devil, I say! Down with Walgreens!!!

I wouldn't worry, I didn't apply till the end of January, interviewed in March, got accepted in April.

But really, I wouldn't even want to be in the c/o 2014. You won't get to have Dr. Farris teach you biosystems and pharmacology, and that was pretty much the best part of school.

I wouldn't worry, I didn't apply till the end of January, interviewed in March, got accepted in April.

But really, I wouldn't even want to be in the c/o 2014. You won't get to have Dr. Farris teach you biosystems and pharmacology, and that was pretty much the best part of school.

But what about the always entertaining arm flailing of The Marv? "Pay"tents with Dr. Budukh? "Gray areas" in Top 200? Anything with Dr. Matthews?

But what about the always entertaining arm flailing of The Marv? "Pay"tents with Dr. Budukh? "Gray areas" in Top 200? Anything with Dr. Matthews?
I could not deturmine this

Okay great! Alright. Okay great! Good job. Okay great!

EDTA FTW.
Did I pronounce that right? Wow. I'm impressed.

(tba, i wasnt there for that, i was studying for systems)

Did I pronounce that right? Wow. I'm impressed.

(tba, i wasnt there for that, i was studying for systems)

We should have a contest to see which faculty member looks most like Paul Ehrlich.

You guys are mean!! Be nice to these applicants who are so stressed over getting into SJF :) :) :) hahaha okay great ok alright is my fav. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

you two really hi-jacked this thread pretty well...

You guys are mean!! Be nice to these applicants who are so stressed over getting into SJF :) :) :) hahaha okay great ok alright is my fav. I thought I was the only one that noticed that.
I think she must've overheard somebody talking about her saying it. She started saying it WAY more in the past few weeks.

I think she must've overheard somebody talking about her saying it. She started saying it WAY more in the past few weeks.

She totally overheard me talking about the "Okay great!" drinking game the one day. I didn't even notice that she had walked in. Maybe she's just trying to help us out. She cares about us students.

She totally overheard me talking about the "Okay great!" drinking game the one day. I didn't even notice that she had walked in. Maybe she's just trying to help us out. She cares about us students.
The LORD abhors dishonest scales.

you guys should really go study biosystems..

Well this thread did get thoroughly hi-jacked but thats all right not like there is anything new happening on the interview front anyways.

Well this thread did get thoroughly hi-jacked but thats all right not like there is anything new happening on the interview front anyways.

From the looks of things, interviews won't be starting until the spring semester anyway. Everybody let me know what day you're interviewing so me and "Ackj" can do our shtick in person. It's even better that way! You might even see us Grb the SOS! :smuggrin:

Seriously, though, Fisher is a phenomenal school, I look forward to meeting the future P1s. Join APhA if you go to Fisher next year.

Last edited:
From the looks of things, interviews won't be starting until the spring semester anyway. Everybody let me know what day you're interviewing so me and "Ackj" can do our shtick in person. It's even better that way! You might even see us Grb the SOS! :smuggrin:

Seriously, though, Fisher is a phenomenal school, I look forward to meeting the future P1s. Join APhA if you go to Fisher next year.

I agree 100%, I love love love it at Fisher! Grb the SOS....ha. You should be thinking about POPS not Systems!! :p

That wasnt so bad, now was it? Besides, we only have 5 more finals weeks ever.

Ahhhh if finals week is over now there is plenty of time to start inviting people for interviews. What do you mean you want to spend time with your family for Christmas?!?! Bah humbug :smuggrin:

That wasnt so bad, now was it? Besides, we only have 5 more finals weeks ever.

And did you see the "Finals Week" that the P-2 and P-3's had? Man, I can't wait until next year, that's gonna be totally sweet. Er...sorry. It's going to be "Turtley Awesome".

I agree 100%, I love love love it at Fisher! Grb the SOS....ha. You should be thinking about POPS not Systems!! :p

Principles of Pharm. Sci. wishes I hadn't been thinking about it. I destroyed that final.

Principles of Pharm. Sci. wishes I hadn't been thinking about it. I destroyed that final.

Sooooooooo glad finals are over. 5 cumulative finals in a row was tough!!!

Sooooooooo glad finals are over. 5 cumulative finals in a row was tough!!!

But not as tough as trying to decide which students to accept to Fisher out of the many, many qualified and scholastically talented applicants, right? :)

Henderson said to Hasselbalch - "Too good not to bump".