Anyone Here Doing/Applying to Occupational Therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bokonomy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm an American student considering applying to pre-reg Master's programs in occupational therapy. My stats would have probably been solid enough 5/10 years ago, but not anymore for the reasonably-priced programs. For tuition, it's going to cost me around 30-50k USD in the UK/Ireland vs. 60k-100k USD in the US (there are cheaper programs in the US, but I'd have to move to that state to apply, and I fear they're out of my league). My gpa is going to be around a 3.5/4.0 when I apply, which would supposedly equate to upper first...is that enough to get in anywhere? In programs where they ask for a minimum 2.1, can you actually get in with a 2.1? In the US, near the minimum (3.0) is basically reserved for the Ivy types. Normal people will need more like a 3.5 at least, it seems.
So basically, can you actually get in anywhere in OT in the UK/Ireland with the equivalent of upper second class rank at a US citizen? What else are important factors in the application? Are extracurriculars more important or work experience? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.