Anyone have a DVM school ranking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wilford Brimley

The illest
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I know the top 5.

Members don't see this ad.

US News has Cornell, CSU, and UPenn as the top 3 listed. To find out more, you need to buy the book! Or at least that's what the website says.
There being so few vet schools though, there really isn't a "bad" one out there. And obviouly they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some focus more on classroom work the first few years, while others have you doing hands on stuff as soon as the second semester (which I find to be a strength personally). Some have brand new facilities, some are older and need some work. It's all a matter of doing some research.

I found them through some schools website so here they are:
1. Cornell
2. Colorado SU
3. U Penn
4. NCSU
5. Texas
6. Michigan SU
OSU (don't know if this is OK, Oregon, or Ohio; I think it was Ohio)
8. Wisconson
9. Florida
Georgia

UCDavis was like #1 before and wasn't included in this last ranking because it was given partial accredidation but it is still very prestigious.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know why uc davis was not fully accredited, I am almost certain this was not due to inadequate training of vets

i believe UC Davis is accredited, but their accredidation is pending. I think it is due to their facilities which are older and probably not as up to date as they should be, but they are in the process of making improvements. I would check out their website to get the latest info.