Anyone got accepted with low OAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optdel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I took my OAT today and did not do good, I will share my stats below. Prior to taking the OAT, I had an interview with PCO and MCPHS, and I got acceptance from both. PCO asked me to complete the OAT and Casper, but MCPHS did not require it.
Now with these low scores would they take their acceptance back? I have also applied to ICO and NECO, should I even bother asking them about my OAT scores?
I really don't want to retake the OAT unless none of these schools accept me. Thank you so much in advance!!

OAT Scores: 280AA/270TS (taken on 10/28)
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.6 overall, 3.4 science
I have plenty of shadowing and research experiences and some volunteer experiences. I am also currently working as OD Tech.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on both your acceptances! I think you should send your OAT scores to PCO since they require it and see what they say. If MCPHS does not require your OAT scores, then I wouldn't send it to them at all. If PCO rejects you (which I hope they will not), you should attend MCPHS. Again congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on both your acceptances! I think you should send your OAT scores to PCO since they require it and see what they say. If MCPHS does not require your OAT scores, then I wouldn't send it to them at all. If PCO rejects you (which I hope they will not), you should attend MCPHS. Again congratulations!!
Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I took my OAT today and did not do good, I will share my stats below. Prior to taking the OAT, I had an interview with PCO and MCPHS, and I got acceptance from both. PCO asked me to complete the OAT and Casper, but MCPHS did not require it.
Now with these low scores would they take their acceptance back? I have also applied to ICO and NECO, should I even bother asking them about my OAT scores?
I really don't want to retake the OAT unless none of these schools accept me. Thank you so much in advance!!

OAT Scores: 280AA/270TS (taken on 10/28)
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.6 overall, 3.4 science
I have plenty of shadowing and research experiences and some volunteer experiences. I am also currently working as OD Tech.

Hi optdel!
Any updates?
PCO is my top choice and I got the email from PCO for choosing the interview date. I have not taken the OAT yet.
Where will you be attending? if it is PCO, did you send your score yet? if it is MCPHS, did you get accepted without the OAT score? Could you share their responses?
Thanks!

Hi optdel!
Any updates?
PCO is my top choice and I got the email from PCO for choosing the interview date. I have not taken the OAT yet.
Where will you be attending? if it is PCO, did you send your score yet? if it is MCPHS, did you get accepted without the OAT score? Could you share their responses?
Thanks!
Hi Jacey,
I actually ended up sending my OAT scores to PCO, NECO, and ICO. I also talked to MCPHS about my situation and they told me they did not require the scores from me so they will not look at my scores. After reviewing my OAT scores PCO accepted me, NECO asked me to retake it, and ICO sent me their secondary application to schedule an interview with them. So far, I have accepted the offer at MCPHS, and I will be waiting to see how the interview will go with ICO, but it is most likely that I will attend MCPHS.

Good luck with your OAT, and I'm sure you will get into PCO!!

Hi Jacey,
I actually ended up sending my OAT scores to PCO, NECO, and ICO. I also talked to MCPHS about my situation and they told me they did not require the scores from me so they will not look at my scores. After reviewing my OAT scores PCO accepted me, NECO asked me to retake it, and ICO sent me their secondary application to schedule an interview with them. So far, I have accepted the offer at MCPHS, and I will be waiting to see how the interview will go with ICO, but it is most likely that I will attend MCPHS.

Good luck with your OAT, and I'm sure you will get into PCO!!
Were you offered an interview at NECO or did they just ask you to retake before considering you for an interview?