Anyone finish thier bachelors in 3 years???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODallTheWay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wonderinf if anyone here finished thier bachelors in three years. If yes? how was it ? was it challenging, hard , something worth doing?

thank you for all answers.

Members don't see this ad.

I finished mine in three and a half... there was no way I could have done it in three, I entered college with zero credits from AP, dual enrollment, etc. If you take summer classes you can do it in 7 semesters, but I don't know about 6. I thought it was challenging, but it was what I wanted to do so I made it work.

I could have done it in 3 but I have a million things going on in my life.. plus I needed a life :p. I wanted some stellar grades and 3 would have just been rushed and bad overall. 3.5 is good enough for me! Are you thinking about doing it in 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it in 3 :) Didnt find it too challenging. Compared to everyone else around me I prolly deserved what i got for the amount of time and effort put in. I had completed all the pre-reqs with usually one or two electives each semester. Didn't have to take summer school at all. I would definitly recommend taking this road.

ya Im thinking about doing it in three years.....just not sure if I'll kill myself

Some have done it in two years.

I am in a 7-year joint degree program so I will be finishing up my bachelor's degree in 3 years and then I'm going to do the usual 4 years at SUNY Optometry. I think i'm so lucky that i knew that I wanted to go into optometry early on to get into the joint degree program, because I'm saving time and money as well. You should find out if your college has a program like this, it's definitely worth it

Part of it probably depends on how many credits you need to graduate. At my school we need 120, for me to do it in 3 years I would have had to take at least 17 credits a semester, assuming I did summer classes... I mean, if you're okay with that, by all means go for it. JMU has a 19 credit max, anything over that you had to get permission from the dept. head. I'm not sure if that's a common thing or not, though.

I finished mine in 3 years. To be honest, it wasn't that challenging. Just pace yourself and don't take any summers off. I think it was worth it because now I can go straight into OD school and become a doc at a very young age :)