Anyone familiar with Ray Ban Rox+ lenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abacab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was shopping for new eyeglasses today and when I stopped into lenscrafters, the salesperson there was telling me about some ray ban rox lenses. He claims they're fantastic. I've never heard of these before...anyone familiar with them? I liked a pair of ray ban frames and he said that those lenses would be perfect for them.

I have pretty poor vision (-6.25/-6.5) and just want the best lenses with the finest optics. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ray Ban Rox are high index lenses, so that will be good for you. And it comes with AR Coat. I think you save like...$25 when you do RBRox instead of Lenscrafters' house brand lenses. If you're single vision, they'll be as good as any other high index. If you're getting a progressive, then you're in even better shape. The RBRox progressive is a digitally cut progressive, so your progressive will be very smooth, I hear it's great.

I recommend the ray ban rox for patients with Rxs that need high index lenses, so you would probably like them just fine!

Thanks for the info, mewcakes! They sound pretty good. By the way, do you know if the AR coating on the ray ban rox is comparable to the premium coatings, such as the Crizal, that I hear about?

Ya. Comparable to a D coat, I think (ie Crizal avance). If not that, then at least a C coat (ie. Crizal alize). Both good level of quality. It's B and A coats you have to watch out for in terms of premature peeling.