Anyone else big fans of the movie, Valkyrie?

redpillschool

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Is this "the lounge" basically? I was looking for the lounge and someone linked to the "social and support forums" but anyways, I remember a Tom Cruise movie in WW2 where he led a coup against Hitler. (Valkyrie!) Anyways, my question is regarding that scene where the dude figured out that he was being duped into participating into a coup, lol.

Are social engineers like that really exist in society? Like could they actually create people to participate or go along with a coup, under false pretenses? Or is that just hollywood story-telling?

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at your post history, it appears you started a thread asking about Regnvejr, so you're definitely not a noob to this community. What was your prior account(s) on SDN, if I may ask?

This is the "Spouses and Partners" subforum, which may be the Singles subforum renamed. I don't remember. That said, this isn't the Lounge, and the reason you can't see it is likely due to your current account's low post count or fresh join date. Once either or both of those metrics increases, I presume more subforums may become visible.

To your first question, I faintly remember watching the movie. It's been so long.

To your second question,
Are social engineers like that really exist in society? Like could they actually create people to participate or go along with a coup, under false pretenses? Or is that just hollywood story-telling?
Social engineering is simply one human deceiving and manipulating another human in order to achieve a goal or gain something, usually information or access. What makes you believe that humans deceiving or manipulating other humans doesn't happen in the real world and only in Hollywood? It's human nature. People deceive and manipulate.

When you get a phishing e-mail in your inbox, is that not a real-world example of social engineering?

When the CIA engages in HUMINT and places human assets around the globe under false identities in order to fulfill some mission, is that not a real-world example of social engineering?

Do you really believe that those wanting a coup d'état may not also use social engineering to get everyone organized in lockstep to achieve that objective?

Your question seems naive to me, since it seems obvious to me that social engineering, lying, manipulating is something that humans actually do in the real world and not just Hollywood.

Last edited: