Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone else accepted to Sacred Heart for Fall 2014?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaulS156

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the acceptance email yesterday. So excited. Wanted to see if anyone else on here has been accepted and will be going to Sacred Heart in the Fall, 2014.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering what your stats were? I didn't apply to Sacred Heart but am considering it as an option for next year if I don't get in anywhere this time around!

GPA: 3.42
GRE: Verbal - 157, Math - 145 (bad, I know), Written: 4.5
Observation Hours: 206 currently
I was involved for 7/8 semesters in a service fraternity, did service work in South Dakota and worked with developmentally disabled adults
Get a letter from an OT if you haven't.

Members don't see this ad :)
My problem is I don't have many observation hours at all and I know a letter from an OT looks better! Congrats on being accepted! Thats so awesome, I'm over here freaking out waiting to hear back! This entire process is SO stressful

Thanks. It is extremely stressful and practically a full time job itself.

Most places are done accepting applications. If you don't get in to OT school this year, find a place to gain observation hours ASAP, even if it's a few hours a week because those hours will eventually add up. Don't know how many settings you've observed at but if you need to wait a year, maybe try observing in a different setting because they like to see that you've had a well rounded experience observing.

Thanks! I should be hearing back from Bay Path and UNH this month and Worcester State shortly after. Not sure how long UNE takes to get back to you… my fingers are crossed!! I definitely will observe in many settings this summer if I need to!