Anyone do Kaplan Diagnostic Exam or DIT Diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaginMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys I'm 12 days out from my exam and I'm trying to figure out whether it would be worth it to take the Kaplan Free 150 diagnostic test or the one DIT put out, or if it is a waste of time.
I'm doing NBME 19 tomorrow even though I know I'll probably be disappointed in the score because of the curve, and I still have NBME 18 and UWSA2 to do. I considered doing NBME 13 but I've heard the questions are really not like the current exam format so I'm not sure if I should take it.

So far my scores have been kind of mediocre, I went from a 200 on my first assessment before I started dedicated and went up to a 225. Last two NBME's were a 223 and 225, but that is not a score I'm comfortable going into the exam with to be honest. I've heard of people failing horribly even with "decent" NBME scores. My goal score on the real test would realistically be in the 230s, if I made a 240 I'd cry tears of joy but I doubt that would happen.
I'm about as average as you could get in terms of test taking.

Members don't see this ad.