Anybody else's school has a DC teaching them heart development?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocArtifact

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have some chiropractors on the faculty but I thought they would stop lecturing after anatomy. Turns out they also teach the heart? any other schools like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to Osteopathic medical school!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well it depends, what are they teaching? How to read an EKG?

heart development and embryo.

Eh, tbh as long as it’s not path, pharm, or clinical/ekg stuff I don’t think it’s a big deal. A lot of embryo and stuff last year was taught by people with 0 clinical experience in my school.

Eh, tbh as long as it’s not path, pharm, or clinical/ekg stuff I don’t think it’s a big deal. A lot of embryo and stuff last year was taught by people with 0 clinical experience in my school.
Thanks, appreciate the response. I just had no idea what to expect and it didn't make sense to me.

Well ultimately you learn the stuff on your own anyway. Dr Ryan (boards and beyond) teaches cardio really well

If they were helping in the OMM lab then so be it but not real science courses

Reactions: 3 users
It may be a temporary adjustment. Many schools and workplaces in general had to shift people around and leverage resources this year (happened to me, kinda sucked - this dude may not want to teach cardio any more than you want to learn it from him). For what it's worth, my A&P prof was a DC and one of the best teachers I ever had. Like someone said, you teach yourself anyway, so unless he's literally up there telling you the wrong formula for MAP or something, I wouldn't sweat it.

Doesn't really matter in the end but it just says a lot about the state of these schools that this is even a thread/concern.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not sure it's consequential but I would still be embarrassed if there was a DC on faculty at my school. I would be surprised to see one at an MD school unless they had other qualifications. Are NDs next?

I'm not sure it's consequential but I would still be embarrassed if there was a DC on faculty at my school. I would be surprised to see one at an MD school unless they had other qualifications. Are NDs next?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201110-172527.png
    Screenshot_20201110-172527.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.