Any South African trained docs going into the Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gerry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...

The best piece of advice I can give you guys is to make sure you get your ECFMG certification sorted out as early as possible. My med school (UP, and many other RSA varsities I suspect)) outsourced the credentials verification to a third party (Kroll/M.I.E), and as of writing this, I have still been unable to get certified despite having completed the necessary steps and trying to follow up this issue for the better part of a year!:(

I have been fortunate to have got a decent number of interviews, and I am desperately praying that this whole certification debacle will be sorted out in due time.:xf:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bluntdissector,

Well, I FINALLY got the issue sorted. If you can, set up a FedEx or DHL account and fax the details to ECFMG as soon as you can, to facilitate expedited and reliable delivery of documents between them and MIE/Kroll (IF Maties uses them as well). My stuff got rejected 4 times, and at some point SAPO lost my documents after they went on strike! But overall I would say the bottleneck lies with the ECFMG and not MIE/Kroll.

Good luck man!

Hey Bluntdissector,

Well, I FINALLY got the issue sorted. If you can, set up a FedEx or DHL account and fax the details to ECFMG as soon as you can, to facilitate expedited and reliable delivery of documents between them and MIE/Kroll (IF Maties uses them as well). My stuff got rejected 4 times, and at some point SAPO lost my documents after they went on strike! But overall I would say the bottleneck lies with the ECFMG and not MIE/Kroll.

Good luck man!

Thanks, I'll do that!

Hey Bluntdissector,

Good luck man!

Thanks, I'll do that!