Any residents at Children's National Medical Center in DC? Or others offering advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,
I am actually applying to medical school this summer for fall '06 and GW is one of the schools I am seriously looking at because I know that students their do their pediatric rotation at CNMC. I know I shouldn't try to plan too far ahead but I am a married nontrad student and know that I want to go into peds and live in DC during my residency years. I was wondering if you thought going to GW would help me get into the residency program at CNMC or should I try to go to a higher ranked school that is out of state and try from there. Any advice you might have on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, there.
I'm actually an intern at CNMC - very busy, but wonderful so far (but ask me in a few months). CNMC was by far my first choice - I love DC, the PD is amazing, and I wanted a busy, free-standing hospital.
There's a handful of GW grads who come here each yr. BUT you certainly do NOT have to go to GW to end up here. As you'll find out, you could do a rotation here during 4th year (or not - I didn't). Bottom line, go to the med school you like best. Peds isn't too competitive, anyway, and you should pretty much have your pick if you do even semi-well.
Best of luck...