Any questions for a 1st year student at KSUCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSUCPMMM

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently a member of the class of 2020 at KSUCPM. I know that some of my classmates have been active on this forum throughout the year posting about their experiences but I wanted to post a new thread to give anyone who's looking at schools now a chance to ask any questions regarding KSUCPM, living in Cleveland, or anything regarding life as a podiatric med student. You're of course also welcome to private message me questions as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for posting. Kind of a specific question, but are majority of apartments close to campus large dog friendly (approx. 100 lbs)? If not would it be feasible for my SO and I to rent a house with a yard that is reasonable/comparable in price?

Thanks for posting. Kind of a specific question, but are majority of apartments close to campus large dog friendly (approx. 100 lbs)? If not would it be feasible for my SO and I to rent a house with a yard that is reasonable/comparable in price?

The apartment complex that most students live in (the Regency in Parma) allows cats but not dogs. However I do know of some people in my class that have dogs so you might just need to call around. If you are invited to KSUCPM for an interview they give you a large packet towards the end with many housing options as well as contact info for them so it wouldn't be difficult to find out which ones allow dogs.

I would also say that it would be completely feasible for you to rent a reasonably priced house, especially if you are splitting the cost with an SO. I also know several people who are doing that. The cost of living in this area is pretty low.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry for jacking thread but to add on: during the interview we had a session where one of the staff gave us a presentation on living arrangements.

She had a huge stack stapled together for each of us with all the living locations, highlighted the different areas of Cleveland on a map where most students lived in, and even gave us specific apartments with names, ages of buildings, prices + room plans available.

Even by Texas standards the prices were very manageable. The staff at KSU were hands down some of the best.

1) What is your course load like?
2) The anatomy lab looks really nice. How are the labs so far?
3) What's a typical study schedule for you look like?
4) Were you the type that learned better going to class or relied more on the recordings/sped it up?
5) How's the weather?
6) Things you had difficulty with regarding load? Did you end up figuring out the best way to study for yourself? What was it?
7) What do you like about KSU/Cleveland?

I just texted my friend, she recommended a place called Royal Oaks Apartments and says that they have dog parks over there too. It's a little more expensive to have a dog though.

4) Were you the type that learned better going to class or relied more on the recordings/sped it up?
5) How's the weather?
6) Things you had difficulty with regarding load? Did you end up figuring out the best way to study for yourself? What was it?

1. The course load looks daunting when you first see it but you settle into a rhythm as you move throughout the year. First semester first year is Biochem, Histology, Gross Anatomy, Embryology/Genetics, Medial Research, and Ethics. Second semester first year is Lower Anatomy, Physiology, Neurobiology, Microbiology/Immunology, and Physical Diagnosis. Second semester is definitely more challenging, it's more difficult courses and longer lectures. There was an adjustment process for me both semesters for sure but it's manageable once you figure out how to spend your time.

2. The anatomy lab is really nice! It's probably one of the nicest I've ever seen. I love lab, it's probably the highlight of my day believe it or not. The lab is well-ventilated and well-lit. It's only four students to a cadaver too so you get a chance to make most of the cuts yourself. I was nervous about it at first because I didn't have any experience in an anatomy lab and I was scared that the smell would get to me or I'd faint (I have low bp and pass out when standing too long) but you really do get used to it.

3. I'm probably not the best person to ask because I don't really have a "typical" study schedule. I spend most of my day in class and then when I go home I don't necessarily want to hit the books right away so I make dinner, maybe watch TV a little before I decide to review things. You figure out what works for you.

4. I personally go to class about 90% of the time. I would recommend going to class at least for the first few months so that way you can make friends and professors know your face. Then, if you decide that you would prefer to watch lectures live from home or after the fact then you're free to do so but I do recommend trying to come to class as much as possible at least in the beginning. Also definitely go to anatomy lab.

5. Knock on wood we have had a pretty mild winter this year. It's supposedly going to be in the 60's this weekend!

6. I went to grad school before I came to KSUCPM so I would argue that I probably had a slightly easier time adjusting than some of the people who came straight from undergrad. You really do figure out how to keep up with the load without getting burned out quickly though. As for studying I mainly read over the notes that are given in class a few times.

7. I like lots of things about KSU/Cleveland! I like that our school is only podiatry and it's a sizable class. It makes it easier to make friends and you know that everyone is looking at medicine from the same perspective as you. I like that Cleveland is a moderately cheap place to live with lots of things to do that are readily accessible, for instance I really enjoy eating at restaurants. There's plenty of good ones in Cleveland and in areas around the school.

Thanks for offering your experience to all of us. I'm currently prepping to take my MCAT and will be applying for the upcoming application process (class of 2022). I'm coming as a nontraditional student in the sense that I have my Ph.D already, currently work at a hospital system as a licensed psychologist. Primarily my work experience deals with crisis emergency department patient care. Do podiatry schools look into graduate degrees and factor one's performance in those programs into the gpa process or into the application process at all? Second is the financial aspect. Are there any private student loans that you or your cohorts applied for ? At this point i might have to consider using my savings to fund medical education costs, but if private student loans can be a accessed -- then great !

Appreciate your help in the process!
Regards,
Dr. B.

Thanks for offering your experience to all of us. I'm currently prepping to take my MCAT and will be applying for the upcoming application process (class of 2022). I'm coming as a nontraditional student in the sense that I have my Ph.D already, currently work at a hospital system as a licensed psychologist. Primarily my work experience deals with crisis emergency department patient care. Do podiatry schools look into graduate degrees and factor one's performance in those programs into the gpa process or into the application process at all? Second is the financial aspect. Are there any private student loans that you or your cohorts applied for ? At this point i might have to consider using my savings to fund medical education costs, but if private student loans can be a accessed -- then great !

Appreciate your help in the process!
Regards,
Dr. B.

I also am a somewhat nontraditional student. I got a degree in psychology as an undergrad, (I had originally intended to be a psychiatrist but changed my mind) and I also have a graduate degree and I believe that when I applied it was likely factored in my admission decision. My graduate GPA was a bit higher than my undergraduate and I'm sure that helped my chances. I'm obviously not on the admissions committee but I think it would be safe to say that having a Ph.D and patient experience would be looked upon favorably.

Yes, if you get invited to the school for an interview towards the beginning of the day you will have a presentation on financial aid where the different types of loans will be explained and they will encourage you to do your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). I don't speak to most of my classmates directly about money matters but I think that the majority of us use loans. The cost of living in this area is low as well which may help too.

I also am a somewhat nontraditional student. I got a degree in psychology as an undergrad, (I had originally intended to be a psychiatrist but changed my mind) and I also have a graduate degree and I believe that when I applied it was likely factored in my admission decision. My graduate GPA was a bit higher than my undergraduate and I'm sure that helped my chances. I'm obviously not on the admissions committee but I think it would be safe to say that having a Ph.D and patient experience would be looked upon favorably.

Yes, if you get invited to the school for an interview towards the beginning of the day you will have a presentation on financial aid where the different types of loans will be explained and they will encourage you to do your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). I don't speak to most of my classmates directly about money matters but I think that the majority of us use loans. The cost of living in this area is low as well which may help too.

Thank you very much, KSUCPMMM! So far the three schools that I'm looking into are Temple , Midwestern, and KSUCP (i remember when this used to be OCPM) ;)

Regards and Thanks!

Hi there!! Super nice of you to do this :) I was just wondering if there were any Canadians in your class?

Hi there!! Super nice of you to do this :) I was just wondering if there were any Canadians in your class?
Hi, there are 4 Canadian students that I know of in my class.

Hi KSUCPMMM,

How do and your fellow classmates like the dining services at KSUCPM? Do you know what the hours are and what the vending machines are stocked with if there are any?

Hi KSUCPMMM,

How do and your fellow classmates like the dining services at KSUCPM? Do you know what the hours are and what the vending machines are stocked with if there are any?

Hi, I think that the dining services are pretty decent. They serve breakfast in the morning beginning at 7 AM I believe, usually things like bagels, breakfast burritos, eggs, bacon, cereal, an oatmeal bar, etc. Around 11 AM they start serving lunch until 1 PM. They mainly serve sandwiches that vary day to day, pizza, a salad bar and a hot meal that also varies. I usually opt for the hot meal, yesterday I had a chicken quesadilla and today I had a gyro to give you an idea of the things they have. They usually try to have vegetarian options or options for people who don't eat pork or beef, so for example today they had the option to get fried tofu in your gyro instead of meat. They have a good variety of drinks you can buy too. The cafeteria staff is super nice, they get to know you since the school isn't huge and you see them every day.

There are several different vending machines, one is stocked with drinks like iced coffee, water, energy drinks, that sort of thing. There's one that just has soda. There's also a coffee maker and you can buy keurig cups (or whatever they're called, I don't drink coffee) in the vending machine for it. They have a microwave for people who bring food from home so they can heat it up. You get $465 a semester on your card to buy food so most people (especially first and second years who are on campus more) do buy from the cafeteria though. There's another machine stocked with food like chips, granola bars, misc. candy. They rotate through different things.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I think that the dining services are pretty decent. They serve breakfast in the morning beginning at 7 AM I believe, usually things like bagels, breakfast burritos, eggs, bacon, cereal, an oatmeal bar, etc. Around 11 AM they start serving lunch until 1 PM. They mainly serve sandwiches that vary day to day, pizza, a salad bar and a hot meal that also varies. I usually opt for the hot meal, yesterday I had a chicken quesadilla and today I had a gyro to give you an idea of the things they have. They usually try to have vegetarian options or options for people who don't eat pork or beef, so for example today they had the option to get fried tofu in your gyro instead of meat. They have a good variety of drinks you can buy too. The cafeteria staff is super nice, they get to know you since the school isn't huge and you see them every day.

There are several different vending machines, one is stocked with drinks like iced coffee, water, energy drinks, that sort of thing. There's one that just has soda. There's also a coffee maker and you can buy keurig cups (or whatever they're called, I don't drink coffee) in the vending machine for it. They have a microwave for people who bring food from home so they can heat it up. You get $465 a semester on your card to buy food so most people (especially first and second years who are on campus more) do buy from the cafeteria though. There's another machine stocked with food like chips, granola bars, misc. candy. They rotate through different things.

Thank you for your insight as well as for your time to respond to my inquiry! Much appreciated!

Thank you for your insight as well as for your time to respond to my inquiry! Much appreciated!

No problem, you'll notice I like talking about food more than almost anything...my back-up plan if I didn't become a doctor was becoming a pastry chef. : )

No problem, you'll notice I like talking about food more than almost anything...my back-up plan if I didn't become a doctor was becoming a pastry chef. : )
Wow, that's amazing! Your comment will indeed play a pivotal role in my final decision!

You get $465 a semester on your card to buy food so most people (especially first and second years who are on campus more) do buy from the cafeteria though. There's another machine stocked with food like chips, granola bars, misc. candy. They rotate through different things.

Hey, thanks for helping us out. The $465, is that from the loan money after tuition and other expenses are taken care of?

Hey, thanks for helping us out. The $465, is that from the loan money after tuition and other expenses are taken care of?
Hello! I'm also a first year at KSUCPM and can help with questions as well. I believe the $465 is lumped into your tuition and fees so it's not an additional expense. And one thing to add about that money is that you can place a bulk order through the dining services to spend any money you might have left, which for me is a lot because I rarely eat on campus (I'm a non-traditional student with a wife and son so I definitely do the majority of my lectures from home).

5) How's the weather?

To give a little bit of my experience because as for going to class I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as KSUCPMMM:
3) My schedule is a little more planned out so I can maximize my family time but it really isn't too bad to handle. I don't let myself fall behind in watching lectures and try to carve out a few hours each night to review the classes from that day. I tend to be a night person so when I can I usually watch my lectures during the day then do my studying at night while my wife and son sleep.
4) I am a recorded person whenever I can but I will say that I never miss anatomy lab and can't stress that enough. I personal feel that for me I learn better from the videos because I can stop and rewind whenever I need and I tend to zone in classes if I sitting still too long so it's nice to get up and move more often.
6) I was a mechanical engineer by degree and did that for about 3.5 years before I decided to go to Pod school so I had to definitely make some changes to my study habits. For the most part I read over notes and have my wife quiz me whenever possible.

Everything else she posted I completely agree with.

To give a little bit of my experience because as for going to class I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as KSUCPMMM:
3) My schedule is a little more planned out so I can maximize my family time but it really isn't too bad to handle. I don't let myself fall behind in watching lectures and try to carve out a few hours each night to review the classes from that day. I tend to be a night person so when I can I usually watch my lectures during the day then do my studying at night while my wife and son sleep.
4) I am a recorded person whenever I can but I will say that I never miss anatomy lab and can't stress that enough. I personal feel that for me I learn better from the videos because I can stop and rewind whenever I need and I tend to zone in classes if I sitting still too long so it's nice to get up and move more often.
6) I was a mechanical engineer by degree and did that for about 3.5 years before I decided to go to Pod school so I had to definitely make some changes to my study habits. For the most part I read over notes and have my wife quiz me whenever possible.

Everything else she posted I completely agree with.

Very helpful, thank you!

Hello KSUCPMMM!

Can you speak to the diversity of the program? I come from a very diverse (as in many nationalities, religions, lifestyles, etc.) undergraduate institution.

Hello KSUCPMMM!

Can you speak to the diversity of the program? I come from a very diverse (as in many nationalities, religions, lifestyles, etc.) undergraduate institution.
I'm not OP but it was pretty diverse when I interviewed.

Indians, Asians, Arabic, White, Black. All sorts of people with different religious backgrounds as well.

Hi KSUCPMMM,

I can't find this information anywhere and got sick of looking because I'm at work. Do you happen to know the hospital affiliates for this school outside of Ohio? Not that I know where I would like to go yet if the time ever comes, but I am from MA and just trying to figure out if they have any opportunities over here.

Thanks!

I'm not OP but it was pretty diverse when I interviewed.

Indians, Asians, Arabic, White, Black. All sorts of people with different religious backgrounds as well.
Thanks for the response Weirdy! Nice to know. I'll be interviewing there at the end of the month.

Hello KSUCPMMM!

Hi, I believe the majority of students are caucasian but I would say that our school is still reasonably diverse, especially my class in particular.

Hi KSUCPMMM,

I can't find this information anywhere and got sick of looking because I'm at work. Do you happen to know the hospital affiliates for this school outside of Ohio? Not that I know where I would like to go yet if the time ever comes, but I am from MA and just trying to figure out if they have any opportunities over here.

Thanks!
Hi, I know in our 4th year many students go outside of the state and are able to work at hospitals to gain experience so relationships definitely exist, I am not sure of the specifics. I know underclassmen who are in hospitals in MA. I am not a fourth year so I am in the process of trying to find out additional information for you. I'll edit this comment with anything I find out.

Edit: I asked someone with a little more knowledge than me, she says students have the opportunity to extern at hospitals across the country, so they are not limited to local hospitals only in the Cleveland-area. In addition, Kent State is currently building relationships with other hospitals in Virginia and Florida to satisfy a Senior Medicine rotation. Upper class students should select externships where they are interested in doing their residency.

Last edited:
Hi, I know in our 4th year many students go outside of the state and are able to work at hospitals to gain experience so relationships definitely exist, I am not sure of the specifics. I know underclassmen who are in hospitals in MA. I am not a fourth year so I am in the process of trying to find out additional information for you. I'll edit this comment with anything I find out.

Edit: I asked someone with a little more knowledge than me, she says students have the opportunity to extern at hospitals across the country, so they are not limited to local hospitals only in the Cleveland-area. In addition, Kent State is currently building relationships with other hospitals in Virginia and Florida to satisfy a Senior Medicine rotation. Upper class students should select externships where they are interested in doing their residency.
Okay that sounds great! Thanks!

Whats the closest I can live to school? Like an apartment complex name?

And why do so many students opt to stay in Regency, it seems more expensive than other apartment complexes (800 for 2 bedrooms vs around 650 for 2 bedrooms elsewhere)

Whats the closest I can live to school? Like an apartment complex name?

And why do so many students opt to stay in Regency, it seems more expensive than other apartment complexes (800 for 2 bedrooms vs around 650 for 2 bedrooms elsewhere)
Hi, there are some people who live in houses that are somewhat close to the school but as for apartment complexes most of them are in Parma (the Regency is the big one, some students live in Hummingbird Apartments too), North Royalton (Hampton Club and Spruce Run are a couple I know), and Strongsville. They are about 15-20 minutes away. The Regency is probably one of the closest but don't quote me on that. It takes me about 13-15 minutes to get to school.

I live in the Regency. I'm not quite sure where you are getting your numbers, most places that I know of are more expensive because utilities are not included or they have higher base prices. I opted to live there because they offer a discount for podiatry students ($500 off the first month, $30 off every month and they may let you move in a couple weeks early for free). It's close by, relatively inexpensive, close to downtown and plenty of shopping, and the cost of living is cheap. Some people don't like it but I personally have had a great experience living there and I plan on renewing my lease.

I pay for a private one bedroom at the Regency:
$692 for rent per month (all utilities included except electricity and cable/wifi)
$20-25 per month for electricity
$48 a month for wifi
So roughly $770. If you're splitting a 2 bedroom between 2 people it would be less, it would be more expensive if you're not splitting it.

If you are invited to the school for an interview they will give you a packet full of housing information as well.

Are there lots of single people (single ladies) at Kent State?

Are there lots of single people (single ladies) at Kent State?
I would say that most of the women are in relationships, I can think of more single guys in my class vs the women. Same goes for upperclassmen.

The nice thing about the school is it's in Cleveland so there are plenty of people around and you can find pretty good success with dating apps and such (speaking from experience).

Last edited:
Hi, there are some people who live in houses that are somewhat close to the school but as for apartment complexes most of them are in Parma (the Regency is the big one, some students live in Hummingbird Apartments too), North Royalton (Hampton Club and Spruce Run are a couple I know), and Strongsville. They are about 15-20 minutes away. The Regency is probably one of the closest but don't quote me on that. It takes me about 13-15 minutes to get to school.

I live in the Regency. I'm not quite sure where you are getting your numbers, most places that I know of are more expensive because utilities are not included or they have higher base prices. I opted to live there because they offer a discount for podiatry students ($500 off the first month, $30 off every month and they may let you move in a couple weeks early for free). It's close by, relatively inexpensive, close to downtown and plenty of shopping, and the cost of living is cheap. Some people don't like it but I personally have had a great experience living there and I plan on renewing my lease.

I pay for a private one bedroom at the Regency:
$692 for rent per month (all utilities included except electricity and cable/wifi)
$20-25 per month for electricity
$48 a month for wifi
So roughly $770. If you're splitting a 2 bedroom between 2 people it would be less, it would be more expensive if you're not splitting it.

If you are invited to the school for an interview they will give you a packet full of housing information as well.

I did get invited and got accepted and all. I actually just paid my deposit on a one bedroom in the regency today I was just curious because 15 minutes is alot of driving based on where Im from, I was hoping to find something closer. Then again the regency is where 75+ students live so it would be helpful to have classmates, study partners, etc close by.

Not really down for sharing the rent with someone else though based on previous experiences never the less thanks.

I did get invited and got accepted and all. I actually just paid my deposit on a one bedroom in the regency today I was just curious because 15 minutes is alot of driving based on where Im from, I was hoping to find something closer. Then again the regency is where 75+ students live so it would be helpful to have classmates, study partners, etc close by.

Not really down for sharing the rent with someone else though based on previous experiences never the less thanks.
Great, congrats on your acceptance! Yeah unfortunately there isn't really anything closer. I understand what you mean, I did ny undergrad in Boston and it was usually a 5 minute walk to class so it maybe a bit of a culture shock...but I also grew up in a town where it was a 20 min drive to the closest grocery store. You get used to the drive, I use it as a chance to chill out and listen to music. There are sometimes houses closer to campus available, those are usually best if they're shared though.

I don't blame you, I hit a point in my life where I decided I was done with roommates. I think having a place to yourself is best the first year anyway but that's just my opinion.

What books do you recommend definitely buying for first year?

What books do you recommend definitely buying for first year?
Most students, myself included, will tell you not to purchase many books the first year or at the very least tell you to wait until you start classes and figure things out to see what you need. We have a big brother/big sister program where within the first week of class your "big" will give you files including class notes as well as pdfs of most of the textbooks that correspond with the courses.

If you like having physical copies of books the library has every book for every class on reserve (and older editions in the stacks). Most students don't use the resources in the library so copies of things are usually available. I work in the library and have a good idea of what gets checked out. Books are also available to read online on the library website (you're able to read an online book as long as you have it open in your browser, it's limited to a certain number of students at the same time).

The school materials that I personally bought were a copy of the newest edition of First Aid for USMLE Step 1, this magnetic foot skeleton, and this lower limb skeleton model. Towards the end of the school year outgoing 4th year students will generally sell board prep material for low rates. I got a couple of BRS (Board Review Series) books from them as well.

Some people will recommend buying an anatomy atlas, I got by just fine without owning one. I used copies of atlases in the library when I needed them and I have pdf's of two or three different ones.

Most students, myself included, will tell you not to purchase many books the first year or at the very least tell you to wait until you start classes and figure things out to see what you need. We have a big brother/big sister program where within the first week of class your "big" will give you files including class notes as well as pdfs of most of the textbooks that correspond with the courses.

If you like having physical copies of books the library has every book for every class on reserve (and older editions in the stacks). Most students don't use the resources in the library so copies of things are usually available. I work in the library and have a good idea of what gets checked out. Books are also available to read online on the library website (you're able to read an online book as long as you have it open in your browser, it's limited to a certain number of students at the same time).

The school materials that I personally bought were a copy of the newest edition of First Aid for USMLE Step 1, this magnetic foot skeleton, and this lower limb skeleton model. Towards the end of the school year outgoing 4th year students will generally sell board prep material for low rates. I got a couple of BRS (Board Review Series) books from them as well.

Some people will recommend buying an anatomy atlas, I got by just fine without owning one. I used copies of atlases in the library when I needed them and I have pdf's of two or three different ones.

Thank you!

I would say that most of the women are in relationships, I can think of more single guys in my class vs the women. Same goes for upperclassmen.

The nice thing about the school is it's in Cleveland so there are plenty of people around and you can find pretty good success with dating apps and such (speaking from experience).

:cool:
------

Any more info about the social scene? Comments about clubs, parties, school organized events? Is alcohol permitted/served at said events?

:cool:
------

Any more info about the social scene? Comments about clubs, parties, school organized events? Is alcohol permitted/served at said events?
Sure, sometimes after exams our entire class will organize something where we all get together and hang out, sometimes they are school organized, sometimes they are just people getting together and inviting everyone. There are people who go out on weekends downtown as well. There's an area in Cleveland around W 6th St that has a ton of bars, that's where most people go. The social scene is there if you want it, some people do and some people don't, it's no big deal either way. I only went out a few times a semester but the times that I did were pretty fun.

There is a formal held right at the beginning of spring semester, alcohol and light food is served, you're able to buy a ticket for a guest as well. Also recently one of the third year students had to withdraw from classes due to medical issues, therefore the school decided to throw a fundraiser for him. A bar downtown was rented out and food and alcohol was provided. Each student was charged for a ticket (and you were able to buy additional tickets to bring guests, I brought my boyfriend) and most of the money went towards that student.

In regards to club activities/school events you'll pretty much get emails every day or almost every day about the events that clubs are holding. Some events can only take a limited amount or some are open for anyone to attend, these sort of things include journal clubs, presentations, workshops, volunteer opportunities, clinic opportunities, sporting events, etc. Again, everyone is free to do what they'd like, there's no pressure to participate or not participate in certain things.

Sure, sometimes after exams our entire class will organize something where we all get together and hang out, sometimes they are school organized, sometimes they are just people getting together and inviting everyone. There are people who go out on weekends downtown as well. There's an area in Cleveland around W 6th St that has a ton of bars, that's where most people go. The social scene is there if you want it, some people do and some people don't, it's no big deal either way. I only went out a few times a semester but the times that I did were pretty fun.

There is a formal held right at the beginning of spring semester, alcohol and light food is served, you're able to buy a ticket for a guest as well. Also recently one of the third year students had to withdraw from classes due to medical issues, therefore the school decided to throw a fundraiser for him. A bar downtown was rented out and food and alcohol was provided. Each student was charged for a ticket (and you were able to buy additional tickets to bring guests, I brought my boyfriend) and most of the money went towards that student.

In regards to club activities/school events you'll pretty much get emails every day or almost every day about the events that clubs are holding. Some events can only take a limited amount or some are open for anyone to attend, these sort of things include journal clubs, presentations, workshops, volunteer opportunities, clinic opportunities, sporting events, etc. Again, everyone is free to do what they'd like, there's no pressure to participate or not participate in certain things.

caring school confirmed! I spoke with reps from Kent a few times and you could just tell they really care about the students over there. And I think Kent is also the only school site that actually acknowledge the residency shortage.

Thanks for the replies so far!

caring school confirmed! I spoke with reps from Kent a few times and you could just tell they really care about the students over there. And I think Kent is also the only school site that actually acknowledge the residency shortage.

Absolutely, let me know if you have any other questions. : )

I can't wait to get there in July!!!

Orientation is July 26 and 27 with the white coat ceremony on Friday the 28th. Classes start on Monday July 31.

Orientation is July 26 and 27 with the white coat ceremony on Friday the 28th. Classes start on Monday July 31.
Getting even more nervous to start and meet everyone the closer we get!

If you haven't already make sure you join the KSUCPM Class of 2021 on Facebook, the Fall schedule (including orientation week and the first week of classes) was uploaded just the other day. : )
Still on conditional acceptance, MCAT score comes back on Tuesday, so don't wanna jinx it by joining before haha!

Still on conditional acceptance, MCAT score comes back on Tuesday, so don't wanna jinx it by joining before haha!
Ah I gotcha. My fingers are crossed for you!