Any PharmD's go MD? (UIC?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clevisR6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greeting-
New to the forum-
I'm on my last year of pharm school at UIC. I recently had a little trouble with my right shoulder (bony bankart 2-6o'clock and displaced corocoid fx) and just had a bankart repair. During this whole process, I have become very interested at going into medicine and then possibly orthopedics.

Has anyone gone from a PharmD to MD? Would having a PharmD be advantageous in the admissions process, in school?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

clevisR6 said:
Greeting-
New to the forum-
I'm on my last year of pharm school at UIC. I recently had a little trouble with my right shoulder (bony bankart 2-6o'clock and displaced corocoid fx) and just had a bankart repair. During this whole process, I have become very interested at going into medicine and then possibly orthopedics.

Has anyone gone from a PharmD to MD? Would having a PharmD be advantageous in the admissions process, in school?

Thanks

dude ur nuts!!

Members don't see this ad :)
clevisR6 said:
Greeting-
New to the forum-

Thanks

Yea there are few of us Pharm D--> MD out here.

Is Pharm D advantageous, yes and no. If you did well and have 3.5 + avg in pharm school it will definietly help you. It's a huge bonus and it will help you pick things up faster once you are in med school. If you did better in undergrad than pharm school, meaning if you significantly dropped from ur undergrad grades say 4.0 to 3, it can hurt you. You got some more questions PM me. Best of luck.

thanks for the replies, pm's have been sent.