Any opinions about greenheart medical university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sobelja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I am looking for a rating or comments sharing about the greenheart medical university, guyana.

Please share your valuable info about this university...good or bad...

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waste your money.

Hi

Thank you.. Could you expalin your comments little more..please

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never heard of it and there are many other schools who actually have some known history that would be better options.

Hi All
I am looking for a rating or comments sharing about the greenheart medical university, guyana.

Thank you

Never heard of it. Its never even been mentioned on the value MD forums.
Either its really new, or someone is trying to take you for a ride. Or maybe both.
If I were you, I would definitely consider the more established Caribbean schools, especially SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba.

it is kinda new, but it seems to really be set up well. its listed in imed, so you can likely sit for the usmle, its native country language is english, so this is akin to going to irish or austrailian colleges that are not licensed in the usa, but this seems like it would open up a quicker california possibility since they are accepting local students and the classes for them would be the same that we would be in, since it would all be in the same language. interesting, eh? they were set up in relation with the local government, similar to saba. there is a decent local hospital that they are setup to work with, they are established under caricom so they could not only practice in that same country, but at any other caricom country, just like SGU is setup to do. i think this place has promise, its not like the other cheapo-fast deal places.

Hi

Thank you

I have also reserached on them , they are very professional one. They started in sept 2005 tied up with university of guyana.

Please read this article came in guyana chronicle in 2005

http://www.guyanachronicle.com/ARCHIVES/archive 17-09-05.html

They are listed in IMED. Their listing in WHO will come after the upgradation of the directory database list being carried out by university of stockholm

Dr Paul Cherian Chancellor was previously the professor/administrator of Ross university of medicine from 1993 to 2000

Thank you

With regards

Hi All

Thank you

I AM PLANNING ON GOING THERE. AS SOON AS I CAN TAKE STEP ONE AND STEP 2. ALSO, THEY HAVE CLINICALS IN GUYANA AS WELL. I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS A MODERN HOSPITAL.

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHT

Hi All

Thank you
THEY DONT HAVE ANY STUDENT LOANS, DO THEY ALLOW STUDENT THERE WITHOUT A LOANS. I AM PLANNING ON GOING THERE AS A TRANSFER.:love:

Now way to this school !!!!

Did anyone go to this school? Could you post some updates?

What's the latest on the school ? It's nearly 1/25th the price of St. George's.

What's the latest on the school ? It's nearly 1/25th the price of St. George's.

Your chances of matching with a degree from this school are 1/25th the chances you'll have with a degree from St. George's.

Reactions: 2 users