Any Muslim Pre-Meds out there??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownianMotion

Einstein's Simple Diffusion
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there's a decent amount of us out there, just hiding though. Represent, let us know you're here. We got love for you. AsalamAlaykum to all my brothers and sisters out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Muslim sista over here. Headin' to Georgetown this August.

Muslim ... but not pre-med. In med school. Don't know why I frequent the pre-allo forum... maybe 'cause you guys have more fun over here.

Members don't see this ad :)
muslim pre-med at vcu, applying this summer, inshallah good things will happen.

Am I still pre-med if I am not in school? Oh well, another one here languishing on a waitlist.

RayhanS1282 said:
Am I still pre-med if I am not in school? Oh well, another one here languishing on a waitlist.

Same question goes for me, I have been out of undergrad for some time now. Anyways, IA all goes well for all of us :D

chaeymaey said:
Muslim sista over here. Headin' to Georgetown this August.
another bro, here, graduated 2006, taking Ms cat, this august

somal said:
another bro, here, graduated 2006, taking Ms cat, this august
Oh man, I gotta dance with Ms cat this august too, inshallah we all get THE scores

Does agnosto-muslim count? Am I still in your family's F1? ;)

tru, good to know theres still a few Muslims out there on these threads. Where u guys at? Mine name is Bilal (jus incase u didnt figure it out from my screen-name) I'm applying this cycle, rising senior at Johns Hopkins and am a Florida resident. Inshallah one of the skools in our cycle will pull thru for us, lol.

Nigerian-Egyptian here (I know I still cant understand it yet). Just wanted to say good luck to all this coming cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's funny the muslim residents here call each other brothers...

i was brought up in a muslim family does that count?

Ambs said:
Muslim ... but not pre-med. In med school. Don't know why I frequent the pre-allo forum... maybe 'cause you guys have more fun over here.

ditto. entering 4th year of med school. :)

Salaam, I'm Muslim! I went to USC for undergrad, will be attending Yale for the next 4+, Inshallah. Good luck to all those applying!!
:luck:

Oh, also-- I am a sister.

ablumoon said:
Salaam, I'm Muslim! I went to USC for undergrad, will be attending Yale for the next 4+, Inshallah. Good luck to all those applying!!
:luck:

Oh, also-- I am a sister.
Mashallah! You go, girl! My mom's family are all USC alumni, and Yale is of course the best.

MED_04 said:
it's funny the muslim residents here call each other brothers...

i was brought up in a muslim family does that count?

Welcome aboard :D

where are you guys from originally/ethnicity?

-Thanks, Chaeymay! Btw, you have a gorgeous picture! Are you persian? I always thought Persians (and Afghanis) were the most beautiful Muslim women.

-> I am from Pakistan, to those curious

ablumoon said:
-Thanks, Chaeymay! Btw, you have a gorgeous picture! Are you persian? I always thought Persians (and Afghanis) were the most beautiful Muslim women.

-> I am from Pakistan, to those curious
hehe, thanks. Yes, I am Persian and lovin' it.

Muslim, med-student in a few months, inshallah, here!!!!

Hey salaam...there are a lot of Muslims on this Board mA. I am going to be a 1st year at Tulane in the fall. (Indian...Hydro).

And good luck to all the Muslim pre-Meds out there!

I'm a mix of irani, afghani, mongolian and pakistani.

too bad I'm not a woman?

tifa said:
Muslim, med-student in a few months, inshallah, here!!!!
Hey, i know a muslim-persian guy starting UCSF med skool in the fall too for the class of 2010, hes from hopkins, a cool guy mashallah

Ambs said:
where are you guys from originally/ethnicity?
My parents are from Pakistan...I was born in West Virginia if you believe that...as a Pakistani, I was the darkest kid in my grade. At Hopkins, all the Muslim premeds manage to be desi somehow...

legobikes said:
I'm a mix of irani, afghani, mongolian and pakistani.

too bad I'm not a woman?
Man if you were to throw in Iraq and N. Korea, you'd have the whole axis of evil going on...lol

my full name is Mohamedtauqir
and I'm proud to be a Muslim!!!
I am a senior right now at Rhode Island College and am currently in the application process.
Inshallah we all will get in somewhere

salaams all, i was waiting for someone to start a muslim thread :). its about time!

not a premed anymore (alhamdullilah!) starting at UIC this fall. any others in chi-town??

BILAL said:
Man if you were to throw in Iraq and N. Korea, you'd have the whole axis of evil going on...lol
well, I have some arab blood. and my (south) korean friend identifies with me as a fellow mongolian descendent. and then there's the whole travel to iran, pakistan and (south) korea thing I did this year. the US customs officers were confused beyond words.

irony said:
salaams all, i was waiting for someone to start a muslim thread :). its about time!

not a premed anymore (alhamdullilah!) starting at UIC this fall. any others in chi-town??

Cool thread!!

Any Yemeni's out there??

Irony, we'll be starting out at UIC together... see you at orientation bro!

BerkeleyMD said:
Cool thread!!

Any Yemeni's out there??

Irony, we'll be starting out at UIC together... see you at orientation bro!

Ana min masr. Its close enough. Were you born here or in Yemen and good luck and congrats with your acceptance mate.

aliziry said:
Ana min masr. Its close enough. Were you born here or in Yemen and good luck and congrats with your acceptance mate.

I was born in Brooklyn (you gotta say it with a NYC accent :laugh: ) and raised in Cali. Were you born in masr, nigeria, or here in the US? As for the acceptance, its something I thank Allah for everyday!

I wish everyone applying this cycle, the best of luck!

irony said:

Livin it up in CHI, actually Naperville :oops:

Assalamu Alaikium!

I will be the first Bengali (Bangladeshi) Muslim premed to post on this thread. Nice to meet you all!

DrVanNostran said:
Livin it up in CHI, actually Naperville :oops:

i used to live in the chicago area when i was very young.. until about 7 and we knew a lot of pakistani families.. haha wonder if i knew you.. anyway .. im half pakistani and half indian.. full punjabi muslim!

MasterMD said:
i used to live in the chicago area when i was very young.. until about 7 and we knew a lot of pakistani families.. haha wonder if i knew you.. anyway .. im half pakistani and half indian.. full punjabi muslim!

So you were one of the lucky ones that moved out to Cali? ;) Where in Chicago did you live; as everyone knows all desis somehow know each other :rolleyes:

tictaq said:
my full name is Mohamedtauqir
and I'm proud to be a Muslim!!!
I am a senior right now at Rhode Island College and am currently in the application process.
Inshallah we all will get in somewhere

Nice, my fiancee went to RIC her brother goes there currently, he's a junior, pre med/bio track.

well rock on man, are you from RI originally?

Count Me In Bilal. Proud To Represent!!!!

windzilla said:
Nice, my fiancee went to RIC her brother goes there currently, he's a junior, pre med/bio track.

well rock on man, are you from RI originally?

yea I'm from RI
where you live?
what's ur fiancee's bro's name? I might know him

BILAL said:
Oh man, I gotta dance with Ms cat this august too, inshallah we all get THE scores

You guys are too funny. I'm not muslim, but does it count if one of my 2 bestest friends whom I've been keeping in touch with to help with the application cycle is muslim??? Especially considering that I post on SDN for her cuz she doesn't want to get her own user ID!!!!!

She's from South India originally.

wow a Muslim Pre-med thread.. :thumbup:

I'm from Lahore, Pakistan and applying this application cycle. Good Luck to all those applying and entering! :)

DrVanNostran said:
So you were one of the lucky ones that moved out to Cali? ;) Where in Chicago did you live; as everyone knows all desis somehow know each other :rolleyes:

mt. prospect haha.. anything is possible!

Mah said:
wow a Muslim Pre-med thread.. :thumbup:

I'm from Lahore, Pakistan and applying this application cycle. Good Luck to all those applying and entering! :)

where did you go to school in Lahore... ??? I went to LAS for two years in middle school.. it was .. interesting... Lahore is such a fun city :)

MasterMD said:
where did you go to school in Lahore... ??? I went to LAS for two years in middle school.. it was .. interesting... Lahore is such a fun city :)
Salam everyone! that's right, Lahore is the BEST city...i went to salamat school system. it's nice to see so many muslim pre-meds. Anyone from a UC school?

Status
Not open for further replies.