Any interview invitations/rejections yet? (Match 2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone Hear from Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI?

I heard back from Henry Ford Hospital for an on-site interview during the second week of January. A friend also heard back from Henry Ford Hospital, but unfortunately he was not given an on-site interview. It seems that you should hear back from Henry Ford regardless of good or bad news.

--Garfield3d

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting for words from UTMB, Texas Tech, and Baylor UMC Dallas. Anyone heard anything? Are these places sending rejection emails?

Anyone hear from Aurora (WI) or Tufts in Boston?

Members don't see this ad :)

I know that people have heard from Aurora (WI) last week for interviews. However, I have not heard from them and I know of a few others who haven't. I'm not sure if that means a rejection or not.

Anyone hear from Univ of Iowa, am care residency?

Yes, I got an interview there. They do interview invites by phone.

Anyone heard from McGuire VA in Richmond? I didn't hear anything from them, but it seems like they're already interviewing.

Yeah, my friend has already scheduled an interview with Richmond..

Yes, my other friend has heard back from Tufts for an interview (but she works there, so they might still be sending stuff out).

Yeah, my friend has already scheduled an interview with Richmond..

Yes, my other friend has heard back from Tufts for an interview (but she works there, so they might still be sending stuff out).

How long ago did your friend hear from Tufts about an interview. I received confirmation that my application was received (on Jan 5th) and told they hope to make decisions in a "few" weeks. Don't know what that means.

How long ago did your friend hear from Tufts about an interview. I received confirmation that my application was received (on Jan 5th) and told they hope to make decisions in a "few" weeks. Don't know what that means.

She heard back on Monday jan 23rd.

Another reject today, up to 3 rejects and 1 interview. Guess I should be happy I got at least one.

As anyone heard from the Wilkes-Barre VA? I haven't heard a peep and their app was due Jan 1st. Just thought I would check before I cross them off my list.

I applied there too, haven't heard anything. They did say that it would take like 3-4 weeks before they start calling people. So maybe sometime next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
3 interviews: UNC, WakeMed, and Forsyth
2 rejections: MUSC and Wake Forest
Crickets: Duke and Moses Cone

Has anyone heard back from Duke or Moses Cone? I'm hoping they at least send a rejection letter if they aren't going to offer an on site interview. The waiting is the worst part. I am starting to think that if I have not heard back from them yet then it is probably a rejection.

My stats: 3.86 GPA, Rho Chi, CSSHP, ASHP, APhA, Hospital experience, internship with drug information company, really good letters.

Surprised about MUSC rejection, bummed about Wake.

This seems to be a really competitive year. I am thinking I should have applied to a few more places. I really thought 7 applications was a good amount.

C'mon Duke and Moses Cone!

Waiting is terrible. Anyone heard anything from Wake Forest, MUSC, or Ohio State?
Heard from Wake on the 23rd and MUSC on the 25th. My only rejections so far. Got interviews from UNC, WakeMed, and Forsyth. Waiting on Duke and Moses Cone.

Sorry to bring bad news, I know Duke is already interviewing 3 students from my class (West Coast).

Has anybody started interviewing yet? Sounds so somber on this thread. I had one yesterday, like to think the 10 hours of it went really well. Will see in March if I rank them #1.

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I just wish they would send rejection letters.

it seems like some places are opting to NOT send interview rejections, or maybe only to some candidates, while simply waitlisting others and holding off on a plain rejection. probably in the event that that X number of "first round" interview candidates turn down the interview.

for example, I got an interview at a day after one program's deadline and went on the interview 2 weeks ago, whereas a friend of mine just got an invite to the same program this past week (Ie, after the program had already started interviewing)

Hello All,
Just wondering if you all could do a Match 2012 thread similar to this : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=808300
I wish you all luck. You will all be great pharmacists :)
Will do =), I was thinking of doing it but I think it will make a lot more sense to do it AFTER the match instead of having people edit and re-edit their stats. I will do it the day of match--granted if I don't need to scramble ....

3 interviews: UNC, WakeMed, and Forsyth
2 rejections: MUSC and Wake Forest
Crickets: Duke and Moses Cone

Has anyone heard back from Duke or Moses Cone? I'm hoping they at least send a rejection letter if they aren't going to offer an on site interview. The waiting is the worst part. I am starting to think that if I have not heard back from them yet then it is probably a rejection.

My stats: 3.86 GPA, Rho Chi, CSSHP, ASHP, APhA, Hospital experience, internship with drug information company, really good letters.

Surprised about MUSC rejection, bummed about Wake.

This seems to be a really competitive year. I am thinking I should have applied to a few more places. I really thought 7 applications was a good amount.

C'mon Duke and Moses Cone!

I know a few classmates have interviews lined up with Moses Cone.

Has anyone heard anything from Hennepin County Medical Center or Grady Health System for their PGY1 pharmacy practice residency programs?

Has anybody started interviewing yet? Sounds so somber on this thread. I had one yesterday, like to think the 10 hours of it went really well. Will see in March if I rank them #1.

Not yet. My first interview is this upcoming Tuesday and I'm getting sick, with a sore throat. I don't think I can reschedule my interview. I hope I'll be in good enough shape to give my presentation.

We started interviewing candidates on Friday.

We interview the next two Fridays.

Hey, I know this is a lot to ask--but are there any current resident or anyone on the interview committee or had/have a role in the interview process that can provide some advice on a few questions I have via. private message?

I usually ask pharmacy residents/preceptors that I met from work, networking meetings, and rotations--but I don't think they can help me anymore since ALL (crazy coincidence) these people will be interviewing me in the next few weeks and I don't want to put them in that kind of position with me. It just sounds unethical to me and probably to them.

Last edited:
Just wondering, has anyone heard from Rex hospital in Raleigh? I am wondering if it'll take a bit longer to hear since they are a brand new program.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was normal for residency programs to reply this late after the deadline. My last deadline for the applications was 01/15/2012. It's almost February and I only heard from 3/6 programs. 2 rejections and 1 interview. For the remaining 3 programs, should I just prepare myself for rejections? Does it generally mean rejections if I haven't heard from them this long after application deadline. It's eating at me each day I don't hear from them.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was normal for residency programs to reply this late after the deadline. My last deadline for the applications was 01/15/2012. It's almost February and I only heard from 3/6 programs. 2 rejections and 1 interview. For the remaining 3 programs, should I just prepare myself for rejections? Does it generally mean rejections if I haven't heard from them this long after application deadline. It's eating at me each day I don't hear from them.

Thanks

Sounds like I am having the same experience as you, I check my email multiple times during the day and have a mini-MI every time. So far I have 4/6 rejections, 1 interview and 1 program I haven't heard back from. The program I have an interview with I heard from about 1 week after their deadline, the rejections took a lot longer.

Now I am wishing I had applied to more programs.

Anyone know of programs that are still accepting applications??? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like I am having the same experience as you, I check my email multiple times during the day and have a mini-MI every time. So far I have 4/6 rejections, 1 interview and 1 program I haven't heard back from. The program I have an interview with I heard from about 1 week after their deadline, the rejections took a lot longer.

Now I am wishing I had applied to more programs.

Anyone know of programs that are still accepting applications??? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma

Paoli Hospital in Philly suburbs.

Pennsylvania Hospital in Philly might be accepting apps (not sure), but they're not accredited yet.

Any words from Baylor All Saint-Ft Worth? Any others applied in the state of Texas?

So I've heard back from all the places I applied to (mixed rejections and invitations, which I will talk about once the Match is over). As I mentioned again and again, my gpa is embarrassingly low in comparison to the applicant pool this year, especially the hospitals that I am interviewing at (very competitive institutions... I'm very very surprised with where I got my interview invitations).

So... in your experience/opinion, will my gpa and lack of leadership matter anymore in this stage of the game? (Already got interview invitation) Or does it now all come down to my interview alone? Am I playing in the same field with equal opportunities in comparison to the 3.75+ students?

Thanks, your input if very much appreciated.

So I've heard back from all the places I applied to (mixed rejections and invitations, which I will talk about once the Match is over). As I mentioned again and again, my gpa is embarrassingly low in comparison to the applicant pool this year, especially the hospitals that I am interviewing at (very competitive institutions... I'm very very surprised with where I got my interview invitations).

So... in your experience/opinion, will my gpa and lack of leadership matter anymore in this stage of the game? (Already got interview invitation) Or does it now all come down to my interview alone? Am I playing in the same field with equal opportunities in comparison to the 3.75+ students?

I am wondering the same thing. Are we already sort of ranked before the interview and its more just to get to know our true colors? Or is every aspect of our application revisited and reconsidered before the institution submits its rank list?

So for those that have interviewed already, of the questions you have been asked, what percentage of questions have been 1) situational 2) clinical 3) misc ?

2 rejections: Howard, Georgetown
0 interviews:
5 crickets: Sibley, Suburban, VAMC-DC, Childrens National, Wasington Hospital Center

minus the VAMC one, all of my applications had mid January deadlines, the VAMC one was turned in before Jan 2. Every email notification I get on my phone gives me slight anxiety lol because I am just waiting and waiting to hear back and praying for interviews.

Majority where situational/behavior... Tell me a time when... What would you do in this situation...

I've been told by several pharmacy directors at midyear that the moment you get an interview, you are on the same playing field as every other candidate that also got the interview. It comes down to the interview which they use to see how well you fit with their program and how you interact with the people you meet at the on-site interview. You may need to give a presentation or look over a patient case that they assign you and the important thing is not to give the answer right (although ideal), but your thought process on how you came to the answers. Hope this was helpful.

I've been told by several pharmacy directors at midyear that the moment you get an interview, you are on the same playing field as every other candidate that also got the interview. It comes down to the interview which they use to see how well you fit with their program and how you interact with the people you meet at the on-site interview. You may need to give a presentation or look over a patient case that they assign you and the important thing is not to give the answer right (although ideal), but your thought process on how you came to the answers. Hope this was helpful.

I was told the opposite! My clin spec preceptor at a residency program (that I didn't apply to nor am I interested in their program) told me they already have a ranking list of the applicants they interview and it gets shifted around based on your performance at the interview. It makes sense since some people get called for interviews earlier than others while they submitted the apps around the same time... plus there seems to be this "waitlist" where they'll pull from in case someone they offered interviews to declined.

Any words from Baylor All Saint-Ft Worth? Any others applied in the state of Texas?
I heard back from Baylor All Saints, unfortunately for me, it was a rejection letter. The program director said they had almost 60 applications for two positions. They are only interviewing 8 candidates for the two positions.

I was told the opposite! My clin spec preceptor at a residency program (that I didn't apply to nor am I interested in their program) told me they already have a ranking list of the applicants they interview and it gets shifted around based on your performance at the interview. It makes sense since some people get called for interviews earlier than others while they submitted the apps around the same time... plus there seems to be this "waitlist" where they'll pull from in case someone they offered interviews to declined.

Well, seems like it just depends on the individual program, I guess.

This thread does sound a bit grim overall. I had my first interview last week. No situational or behavioral questions. It was more like individual conversations than regular interviews. The only one that really felt like an interview was when I met with the residency director; it didn't really feel like we hit it off. :(

Sorry to bring bad news, I know Duke is already interviewing 3 students from my class (West Coast).

One thing to keep in mind is that some programs will actually contact applicants in order of their distance from the site. So, someone on the west coast may get first dibs on interview dates vs. someone who lives in North Carolina and would likely be more flexible. Granted, that's not true of every program, but it's something I was told as an out-of-state applicant.

One thing to keep in mind is that some programs will actually contact applicants in order of their distance from the site. So, someone on the west coast may get first dibs on interview dates vs. someone who lives in North Carolina and would likely be more flexible. Granted, that's not true of every program, but it's something I was told as an out-of-state applicant.

Great point

Didn't apply to Baylor, but got two interviews in the TMC. Found out about one first week of January and the second one at the end of last week...Gonna make traveling from the east coast a pain!