Any high school "premeds" out there?

Hoosiers15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior in high school and I recently started a blog for people like me who dont seem to get their questions answered just because they are still in high school. Thought I should let you guys know. Anybody who's interested pm me and I'll send you the link (I'm guessing its against the rules to post it on here)

Ps. Sorry to the mods if this post breaks a rule, I didn't know

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior in high school and I recently started a blog for people like me who dont seem to get their questions answered just because they are still in high school. Thought I should let you guys know. Anybody who's interested pm me and I'll send you the link (I'm guessing its against the rules to post it on here)

Ps. Sorry to the mods if this post breaks a rule, I didn't know

Umm, the last time I checked a high school kid won't know what being a pre-med is like in college beyond the generic answers. What makes you the expert pre-college pre-med student?

Umm, the last time I checked a high school kid won't know what being a pre-med is like in college beyond the generic answers. What makes you the expert pre-college pre-med student?

Well if it was titled "expert high school kid who knows evrytuing about being premed", then I could see your point. But its not. I am in the same situation as many people out there, and I thought this would be a good way to connect with these people. I never said I knew what it was like, so please dont try to start a fight on a forum when there is really nothing there to fight about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well if it was titled "expert high school kid who knows evrytuing about being premed", then I could see your point. But its not. I am in the same situation as many people out there, and I thought this would be a good way to connect with these people. I never said I knew what it was like, so please dont try to start a fight on a forum when there is really nothing there to fight about.

if you even try to say what it takes to get into medical school while being a high school student you are getting ahead of yourself. You have no idea what it is like taking organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics, A&P, immunology, literature, pathology, and so many other higher level science courses while balancing a job, volunteer work, and having a good social life. None of these courses while taken in high school are the same as if you took them in the college envrionment.

if you even try to say what it takes to get into medical school while being a high school student you are getting ahead of yourself. You have no idea what it is like taking organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics, A&P, immunology, literature, pathology, and so many other higher level science courses while balancing a job, volunteer work, and having a good social life. None of these courses while taken in high school are the same as if you took them in the college envrionment.

dude who pissed in your cornflakes? the kid just wants to start a blog, he's not advertising that he knows a thing about getting into medical school from what he said.

also, since when was "literature" among pre-med classes? and what on earth school did you go to that had "pathology" as an UG course? :confused:

This may be true, but you have no idea how time-demanding it is to have to study for your drivers license test, record Hannah Montanna, renew your hot lunch account at school AND try to get your curfew pushed back to 11:30 so you can spend more time at the mall. Everyone has their own challanges :thumbup:

I am a senior in high school and I recently started a blog for people like me who dont seem to get their questions answered just because they are still in high school.

SDN is a great resource for high school students who are thinking of pursuing a medical career. If you feel that posters don't want to answer your questions, you are mistaken. Most of the answers to the usual Q's coming from high school students can be found easily within the forums if you do a simple search using the top right search icon. If you have not done that yet, then I suggest you do that first, and then post your question. Many of us here are more than willing to answer sensible questions even from HS students.

dude who pissed in your cornflakes? the kid just wants to start a blog, he's not advertising that he knows a thing about getting into medical school from what he said.

also, since when was "literature" among pre-med classes? and what on earth school did you go to that had "pathology" as an UG course? :confused:

this made me laugh.

OP, PM me questions you have that students on here seem to think are beneath them. I have no problems answering questions. :)

piss in cornflakes...:lol:... classic.

People like you two are part of the reason why kids are afraid of even trying to get into med school. Thank you to the supporter, you actually realize what my goal is.

You will never be able to get through to wisconsondoctors head. Besides he's actually right. You should come back to this site when you're atleast in your 2nd year of college. Search "highschool"

In before...

you're too young to want to be a doctor and don't know how hard it is to study for ochem (very overrated class btw) while getting drunk 3 days a week comments

oh wait

Ignore the haters. Most people I know who want to be doctors have wanted to do so since highschool. Just work hard and take some AP science classes if you can. It helps a ton in college (a lot of the pre-reqs are basically repeats of AP Bio, AP Chem etc..)

In fact, I know a lot of high school students who are smarter, more mature, and more hardworking than college kids. Keep at it and ace those science classes... so you don't have to work as hard during college. There's nothing special or unique about being pre-med. It just means that you have to take a few pre-reqs, do some volunteer work with patients, and maybe some research. If you're involved in extracurriculars in high school, expect to continue in college... that's all.

Last edited:
In before...

you're too young to want to be a doctor and don't know how hard it is to study for ochem (very overrated class btw) while getting drunk 3 days a week comments

oh wait

Ignore the haters. Most people I know who want to be doctors have wanted to do so since highschool. Just work hard and take some AP science classes if you can. It helps a ton in college (a lot of the pre-reqs are basically repeats of AP Bio, AP Chem etc..)

In fact, I know a lot of high school students who are smarter, more mature, and more hardworking than college kids. Keep at it and ace those science classes... so you don't have to work as hard during college. There's nothing special or unique about being pre-med. It just means that you have to take a few pre-reqs, do some volunteer work with patients, and maybe some research. If you're involved in extracurriculars in high school, expect to continue in college... that's all.

We don't care about the OP wanting to be a doctor (nor does society...just saying). What we are getting at is the OP is too young to know what it is like being a pre-med student and trying to get into medical school. If the OP wants to have a blog with answers to generic questions, the answers need to be written by people who know the game. Thus, if you want reliable information, only students who have gained admissions should provide the answers, or those who are applying to medical school.

Besides, answers to generic questions can be found in less than a minute search by using the search function or doing a quick Google search. If the OP wants to feel special about having a blog with such information, big deal. There are already hundreds and thousands of Web information for anything a high school kid would need to know or be concerned about.

I don't know about others, but the last thing anyone in my high school graduating class was worried about, or even wanted to think about, was college...yuck.

Members don't see this ad :)
the only problem i have with this is that there are SO many kids who are "pre-med" when they get to college. on top of that there are a ton who aren't pre-med and then decide to be later in college (that's me). you're young, you may think you know what you want but you may not. my advice...get good grades (you'll need that for anything you do) but also have fun. you're only young once and you might as well live it up while you can. don't get caught up in the pre-med bs too early...it'll suck the life right out of you. if you end up being a doctor, congrats, you knew early. if you don't, congrats, you found something you liked better. either way please don't worry about it...it's a waste of time and energy at this point.

even all your extracurriculars don't count until your in college so have fun

/save your money and go to a state school

We don't care about the OP wanting to be a doctor (nor does society...just saying). What we are getting at is the OP is too young to know what it is like being a pre-med student and trying to get into medical school. If the OP wants to have a blog with answers to generic questions, the answers need to be written by people who know the game. Thus, if you want reliable information, only students who have gained admissions should provide the answers, or those who are applying to medical school.

Besides, answers to generic questions can be found in less than a minute search by using the search function or doing a quick Google search. If the OP wants to feel special about having a blog with such information, big deal. There are already hundreds and thousands of Web information for anything a high school kid would need to know or be concerned about.

I don't know about others, but the last thing anyone in my high school graduating class was worried about, or even wanted to think about, was college...yuck.

Could you please show me where I said I was gonna answer generic questions? Where are you getting this from? Please just leave this alone if all you are going to do is put words into my mouth and then try and make me look stupid. You don't have any idea what will be on the blog, yet you insist on bringing me down so you can feel better about yourself. I don't know how old you are or when you graduated high school, but kids are becoming more and more competitive each year, and thinking about college during your junior and senior year is an expected practice. I'm sorry that you are feeling threatened by high schoolers who want a jump start, but please don't share your feelings with me. If I ever knew I would turn out like you if I became a doctor I would give up now and find a new career.

That didn't say anything bad about the OP's motives, but it didn't say anything good about your own.:rolleyes: The people I knew couldn't wait to get to college and get into interesting classes. It's an exciting transition.

Hey OP, you'll learn quickly which people to ignore on here. There are many helpful and considerate members, but also those who think they're scoring some kind of points by heckling others.

There's a lot of good information on this site. It's probably the best site around for gathering information on the types of things that you want to know about making it through college and into med school. There is no need to wait until your junior year of college to come here. The information on these forums is continuously expanding. Expect to find more age appropriate content in the near future.

I'm not familiar with your blog, but please exercise care in linking people on an anonymous forum to anything containing personal information, especially if you are a minor.

Also, there is a sticky at the top of this forum called, "How to Beat a Troll Senseless." It contains instructions on how to use the Ignore Function. That is your friend. Put to appropriate use, it can make your visit here much more pleasant.

My first post ever, but I feel like I should reply.

and what on earth school did you go to
that had "pathology" as an UG course? :confused:

I have a good guess just based off his username (and the course offering, "pathology," which is a required course for the most popular major for pre-meds on campus), and unfortunately, it's the school I'll be attending in the fall. I may be wrong, though.

SAvoodoo said:
even all your extracurriculars don't count until your in college so have fun

As a rising college freshman, I simply must disagree whole-heartedly with this statement! I've spend countless hours in medicine-related ec's, and it's been worth every moment. Sure, I might not put it on my future med school application, but it's given me both the determination (must...keep...studying!) and the motivation I'll need as a pre-med from day one. I KNOW I want to be a doctor, and the only reason I know that is because of extracurriculars. (Shadowed both an oncologist and an invasive cardiologist, volunteered in both a cancer center and a coronary care unit, got my CNA and have used it in the ED and a surgical floor, nursing home volunteering, etc. I also spent time talking to RN's and shadowing one in the PCU to determine if I'd like to be a nurse.)

And to the OP...I was in your position this last year. Don't let other older and oooh-sooo-muchhh wiser pre-meds' negativity get to you. In my opinion, you can never start planning what you want for your future too soon.

Spend the next year getting involved in medical-related EC's. Spend time reading here on SDN. Research your colleges based on their proximity to good hospitals (nice places to volunteer!), research labs, majors that interest you, pre-med advising, etc. Talk to doctors. Read medical blogs. I took college courses this last school year, which was fantastic. I learned HOW to study for college-level sciences, what learning styles best suit me, etc. I ignored the advice of those that said to enjoy being just a high schooler, a kid, etc. and am so glad. (And with that remark, I must add...DO have fun your senior year and please don't be one of those guys that it so pre-occupied with getting into an Ivy, getting a 2400/36 or something, that they miss out on all the GREAT memories! My philosophy is work hard, play hard! :) I met a junior in HS who already had MCAT (!!!!) flashcards and was freaking out about not getting a high enough SAT to get into Stanford, or something, because apparently NOT getting into Stanford seals your fate of never getting into med school...;)) I now have something to work for, something I'm 100 percent positive I want.

Life's so short, and when you know you want something, you might as well just go out, work your butt off for it, and get it. I'm going to college knowing exactly what I need to do to achieve my goal of getting into medical school. There won't be any hidden surprises. Prepare for that during your senior year of HS, and begin setting yourself up for success and future acceptances!

Last edited:
Oh man, I love this thread. So much... thready goodness, it's unreal. No, no, it's definitely real. It's SDN, and there's enough flaming to make me think that there's a gay parade through the world's largest rich white Republican neighborhood. It's real.

As far as I'm concerned, respect should be given in deference to experience first, knowledge second, and with consideration - as always - of the source. I think that a lot of us here agree with that, hence the snappiness at someone who comes a'postin' about a blog to answer questions for and from high schoolers, a good amount of which I'd imagine could be answered with a little creative Google / SDN searching.

OP, dude, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, and I think you just like the idea of starting a blog of that nature. Keep in mind that a lot of us went to college with the same questions years ago, took things one step at a time, found our way to our current positions, and are none the worse for wear. Your time might be better spent pursuing other stuff, but hey, whatever friggin' tickles your pre-freshman pickle.

(I feel dirty for typing that.)

I think the blog is a great idea as long as it does not misinform. I do not see how not having the college experience (taking some courses in college and going to college) makes one any less pre-med.

There are a great lot of things one can do as a highschool student in preparation for medical school entry. One smart way is by applying to a medical school entry guarantee university such as the Baylor University --> Baylor College of Medicine program... etc... or one can of course graduate from high school and go to medical school straight.

You can become an EMT while in highschool as well. Although, I believe the whole EMT certification as a resume padding is overrated. But this is another discussion... The point is, yes, high school students should have their questions answered and certainly people like wisconsindoctor do not make matters easier.

I agree I think this site is a great site for High School students. I wish I had this much information before entering college. I would have known when to start volunteering, shadowing and what jobs to work as an undergrad. I know tons of Pre-med waitresses who only made their application inconsistent by taking odd jobs. Hoosiers15 This is a great site for you to get information you don't really need to start your own blog but if you want that's fine. A good way for you to understand what you need is to look at the accepted applicants of each school here: http://www.mdapplicants.com/selectschool.php
and you'll see some students have poor stats and great ECs while others have poor ECs and excellent stats. This will give you an idea of what you need to do for a particular school. Oh yeah you have to be patient when you ask a question because these are Pre-Med and Med students they don't have very much free time to answer everyone's questions. I'm glad you asked that question I think I'm going to send this link to my little sister.

LOL at pissed in your cornflakes.

To the OP,

If you have questions about what to do in college to help get into medical school, wait until you are a freshman in college. If you have questions about which undergraduate school to go to to help get into medical school, then just ask and you will get the answers that you want (and also didn't want to hear). If you ask me, starting a blog on the topic that you want is a waste of time.

To all SDN members, no way in h'l are we going to start a middle school section on this website. Even having a section for high school students is pushing it.

maybe someday soon SDN will have a special place for highschool students....................

A site for high school students ASPIRING to become doctors?

never going to happen. :smuggrin:

To the OP, a link such as the one you mentioned would be fine to put in your sig. Making threads to advertise it would be pushing it.

There are a number of HS "pre-meds" out there, esp those aiming for BA and BS/MD programs. They gun and do ECs and shadow just like undergrad pre-meds...

my general advice for a high schooler (as well as most pre-meds) is to do things you enjoy. If you enjoy activities that look good for medical school, then continuing them will help you get into undergrad (or a linked program) and you'll eventually wind up in med school.

I knew a bunch of high school pre-meds. I'd say 2/3 of my graduating high school class wanted to be doctors.... About 1/12 are still in science related degrees pursuing any professional program admittance. (I graduated with a class of 25ish, I know everyone.) The hate towards high schoolers is not unfounded.... If I could go back, I would have spent more time in high school doing nothing, just enjoying myself.....

My first post ever, but I feel like I should reply.

I have a good guess just based off his username (and the course offering, "pathology," which is a required course for the most popular major for pre-meds on campus), and unfortunately, it's the school I'll be attending in the fall. I may be wrong, though.

As a rising college freshman, I simply must disagree whole-heartedly with this statement! I've spend countless hours in medicine-related ec's, and it's been worth every moment. Sure, I might not put it on my future med school application, but it's given me both the determination (must...keep...studying!) and the motivation I'll need as a pre-med from day one. I KNOW I want to be a doctor, and the only reason I know that is because of extracurriculars. (Shadowed both an oncologist and an invasive cardiologist, volunteered in both a cancer center and a coronary care unit, got my CNA and have used it in the ED and a surgical floor, nursing home volunteering, etc. I also spent time talking to RN's and shadowing one in the PCU to determine if I'd like to be a nurse.)

i didn't say they we're relevant, or not important...only that they didn't count. based on your logic me playing video games counted too because it helps me relax and stay sane while i take classes. without video games how could i get the grades needed to be a doctor?!?!?! :smuggrin: nice try though:)

OP: There is nothing wrong with knowing or planning what you want to do this early. There is a chance that you might change your mind at some point during college, but that does NOT mean you shouldn't try to plan from now. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have, or the blog site, as I would be happy to contribute to your questions if you have any.

There are some super tools on this site....

I think its good that this guy is already looking ahead and has conviction in what he wants to do with his life. I was in the same boat as you, and entered college through a BS/MD program at my state med school, and life is great with the reassurance that I am guaranteed a spot there.

My advice, if you're very sure you want to do medicine, look at these types of programs and see if you'd be interested in applying. Off the top of my head, I know Rice/Baylor, Northwestern, UCSD, U of A, and Brown have these programs.

The issue isn't that a high-schooler doesn't know what it's like to be a pre-med, but rather that a high-schooler has no conception of what it's like to be a doctor. Whenever a young kid says they want to be a doctor, all I can think is "how in the world could you possibly know that?!" Pre-meds have no idea of what it's like to be a doctor. Med students have no idea of what it's like to be a doctor. Residents are just starting to get a sense of what it's like to be a doctor, and lemme tell you, every single step along the way your entire sense of the profession is changing dramatically. A high-schooler's notion of what being a doctor is like has got to be similar to what my notion of being a squirrel is like: that is, 100% wild conjecture. Before deciding they "want to be a doctor" people should seriously broaden their mindset, examine what they love doing, examine the wide wide world of reality a little bit and explore every option available to them.

The issue isn't that a high-schooler doesn't know what it's like to be a pre-med, but rather that a high-schooler has no conception of what it's like to be a doctor. Whenever a young kid says they want to be a doctor, all I can think is "how in the world could you possibly know that?!" Pre-meds have no idea of what it's like to be a doctor. Med students have no idea of what it's like to be a doctor. Residents are just starting to get a sense of what it's like to be a doctor, and lemme tell you, every single step along the way your entire sense of the profession is changing dramatically. A high-schooler's notion of what being a doctor is like has got to be similar to what my notion of being a squirrel is like: that is, 100% wild conjecture. Before deciding they "want to be a doctor" people should seriously broaden their mindset, examine what they love doing, examine the wide wide world of reality a little bit and explore every option available to them.

whatever man...i watch grey's anatomy and house every week.

um im a highschool senior and im pretty sure i know what its like to be pre-med. Considering im in the Pre-Med program at my school (high school is divided into sub programs, pre-med being one of them), i've taken many science courses at colleges with college professors, as well as various science courses in my school that simply are not in other high schools.

um im a highschool senior and im pretty sure i know what its like to be pre-med. Considering im in the Pre-Med program at my school (high school is divided into sub programs, pre-med being one of them), i've taken many science courses at colleges with college professors, as well as various science courses in my school that simply are not in other high schools.

there's more than taking classes that makes up being pre-med.

sacrament said it best:

The issue isn't that a high-schooler doesn't know what it's like to be a pre-med, but rather that a high-schooler has no conception of what it's like to be a doctor.

People like you two are part of the reason why kids are afraid of even trying to get into med school. Thank you to the supporter, you actually realize what my goal is.

My apologies, I was just joking. Anyways, trying to prepare yourself for med school at your age, though it may be a bit in vain, is actually a good idea. Granted, I doubt you need to bring your MCAT study guide to your senior prom, but looking around into the upcoming challanges is definitely a good thing. The thought of creating a blog just seems a bit overboard though. Spend a couple years as an undergrad, figure out what you REALLY like, and if the notion of being a doctor still tickles your fancy than go for it. Reading around on forums such as this one will definitely help you in your position.

I lawled.

um totally lolz like relly!

This may be true, but you have no idea how time-demanding it is to have to study for your drivers license test, record Hannah Montanna, renew your hot lunch account at school AND try to get your curfew pushed back to 11:30 so you can spend more time at the mall. Everyone has their own challanges :thumbup:

Don't forget dealing with acne! thats always tough.

To the OP, the reason you may not get your questions answered is because you are to early in the process and don't need detailed information. The information you would need at this point is already posted on this forum or on other websites (information regarding pre-reqs, volunteering, grades, MCAT). Volunteer/work experience from high school really doesn't count so don't worry about trying to get an early start. You first goal is to survive first year. As others have stated, almost every life science student is pre-med going in to college. Being a highschool premed is meaningless unless you are doing a combined BA/MD program.

i did not know a single person at my high school who even wanted to be pre-med, much less talked about it.

as a stupid kid myself, not hearing anyone else talk about it, i never thought about it much myself and just ended up going to college for what i got a scholarship in. and i didnt think about it again until 5 years later when i graduated with a degree i didnt really want, wondering why i didnt pursue what truly interested me in the first place- medicine. for some reason, i thought i couldn't do it. (i guess my parents never bothered to tell me i could do anything i set my mind to. :laugh: )

the point is, i think i would have been more confident doing something scary like deciding to do premed in college if i had known more other people who were in the same boat as me. and if i had simply known more about what the process really entailed. so i dont hold it against the OP. nothing wrong with knowing what you want and having direction.

to be fair, though, i ]suspect that the path i ended up taking is going to be advantageous in the long run . . . i got really burned out in undergrad, i can only imagine that if i had been a premed it wouldnt have been any easier. taking all those classes now, though, i have the benefit of experience (my study habits are much better now than when i started) and i think i am more mature in terms of thinking about actual career goals.

whatever. i think the lesson that can be learned by all is, take the path you want and don't act like a tool while you're doing it. and don't listen to other people who are being tools. everyone's gotta do it their own way.

to be fair, though, i ]suspect that the path i ended up taking is going to be advantageous in the long run . . . i got really burned out in undergrad, i can only imagine that if i had been a premed it wouldnt have been any easier. taking all those classes now, though, i have the benefit of experience (my study habits are much better now than when i started) and i think i am more mature in terms of thinking about actual career goals.
I wasn't a pre-med in college, I was an engineering major. The thought of medicine didn't even cross my mind until my senior year, when I slammed out a year of bio courses just in case, and I didn't apply until after I had worked in the real world for awhile. And I absolutely could not be happier that it worked out this way. Does anybody really want the gruesome experience of "being a pre-med" with all that implies? Not least of which: you end up hanging out with a bunch of pre-meds. No, it's much better to just sort of fall into it. You took a good road.

im talking about course load and the basic level of the "pre-med" path, not the doctor part. Obviously that i dont know what it is like to be a doctor, nor did i hint any of that in my first post. and it was more in response to "a highschool kid doesnt know what its like to be a pre-med", so what are your definitions of being pre-med? im not talking about being an Actual doctor.

EDIT: forget it...not worth the trouble.

/i need to stop reading this site when i'm tired...makes me too bitter

Last edited:
im talking about course load and the basic level of the "pre-med" path, not the doctor part. Obviously that i dont know what it is like to be a doctor, nor did i hint any of that in my first post. and it was more in response to "a highschool kid doesnt know what its like to be a pre-med", so what are your definitions of being pre-med? im not talking about being an Actual doctor.

For one, not many high schoolers have the load of a classic joe schmoe pre-med. I don't consider anyone pre-med unless they have already earned their high school diploma. I see it this way. A med school student could consider him/herself pre(insert speciality) meaning they hoping to enter a certain speciality after graduation. However, a undergraduate cannot be pre(insert speciality). Sorry, that's too far ahead of the game.

I wanted to be a doctor since I was about 4 but that doesn't matter. No one cares how long you wanted to be a doctor, that has nothing to do with your aptitude. My point is don't worry about if you're "predmed" or not. If you have dreams, follow 'em.

Most people here on SDN knew they wanted to go into medicine before entering college. The only difference is that they engaged in extracurriculars to confirm that they like patients + to show adcoms that they liked patients.

How much more does a 1st year med. student know about what medicine entails than a bright highschooler?

lol. u premeds are completely neurotic sometimes.

the guy just wants to start a stupid blog, and he isn't claiming to know everything... some of u are so eager to climb up the totem poll that you jump at any chance to "display your experience/'superiority,'" even by shooting down hoosiers...

well, i just got my M.D., and i approve of you blog, hoosiers15...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol. u premeds are completely neurotic sometimes.

the guy just wants to start a stupid blog, and he isn't claiming to know everything... some of u are so eager to climb up the totem poll that you jump at any chance to "display your experience/'superiority,'" even by shooting down hoosiers...

well, i just got my M.D., and i approve of you blog, hoosiers15...

Did you attend Stewie U?

without video games how could i get the grades needed to be a doctor?!?!?! :smuggrin: nice try though:)

Wait. Playing video games (well, not for me, but insert buying a new pair of shoes or something to make it applicable here!) DOESN'T count? Please don't tell my parents that my logic is faulty..."But Mom, Dad, I NEED to go shopping, there is noooo way I do good on my final without shopping. THIS AFFECTS MY HS GRADUATION!" :p

But in all seriousness, I guess participating in EC's during HS only gives me motivation to do well in my first year. That's it. And for me, that's worth the effort! Additionally, if I randomly decided to not pursue med school and decided that economics or insert-random-major-here was more up my alley, the lessons I have from my medical EC's are ones I will carry with me the rest of my life. They may be basic, but they're timeless, and they deal with working with individuals I may or may not have anything in common with. That's a skill I can use in any career I may (or may not) choose to pursue. It's been worth it, and something I would recommend to any high schooler who may be thinking about the medical field in ANY capacity. :)

Sacrament said:
Pre-meds have no idea of what it's like to be a doctor.

+1
Your post made a lot of sense, so thank you.